Business Insider editorial partnerships fellow
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Business Insider is looking for a paid editorial partnerships fellow.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Editorial partnerships fellows work with our syndication editor to review and select stories from our partners and prepare them for publication on the Business Insider website. They work on headlines and images to package stories for our audience. They become experts in all our verticals and help the team connect with new partners across all subject areas.
All our editorial fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are great)
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Light HTML and/or Photoshop experience
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the syndication team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- A passion for Business Insider’s core topics of strategy, finance, and technology
- Awareness of all the big names in those worlds, from CEOs to experts
- Experience writing headlines and packaging stories
- A good sense for what readers will find interesting
- Familiarity with the various Business Insider verticals and the stories they tell
- Voracious reading habits, not just of Business Insider stories but of news in general
This is an hourly paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in March or in June.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our editorial partnerships fellow. Indicate whether you would be able to start in March or in June. Application is due March 1.