Business Insider editorial intern, luxury lifestyle
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Are you fascinated by the luxury lifestyle?
Business Insider is hiring a paid editorial intern to write articles and visual features about luxury lifestyle for our Exec Life section, beginning immediately.
We are looking for someone who wants to dive into the world of executive-level spending, from how the world’s richest people travel and where they vacation to what their homes look like and what kind of material goods they spend their money on. Interns spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching and producing features.
From luxe hotel rooms and yacht shows to lavish accessories and penthouse apartments, this internship offers a unique opportunity to cover a variety of topics related to luxury lifestyle in the Business Insider style. Our executive life team covers stories like real estate tours, destination round-ups, interviews with industry experts, and hits on the ways people spend money when money is no object.
We are looking for someone who...
- Is endlessly curious about how people spend their money
- Is passionate about telling stories with visuals: readers don’t just want to know about luxury lifestyle, they want to see photos of it
- Has an extensive knowledge of luxury brands, blogs, and influencers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- A willingness to pitch their own ideas, execute assignments from the editor, and support the team on assignments as needed
- Understanding of various storytelling formats, from short news posts to extended slideshows
Experience writing for a lifestyle site helps, as do copyediting skills and light HTML and Photoshop experience. You should be an avid follower of luxury topics who is eager to learn the ins and outs of a digital newsroom.
This is a paid internship based out of our New York office. Interns are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and internships run for six months.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play, and live better.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our luxury lifestyle intern.