Business Insider careers and strategy editor
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider, the world's No. 1 digital business publication, is hiring a full-time strategy and careers editor.
This editor should be:
- hungry for the best management strategies
- curious about what it’s really like to work at Starbucks or McDonald’s
- nosy about the decor (not to mention the snacks) inside the hottest startups
- unable to put down a book that promises to save you an hour a day
- fascinated by a CEO who wakes up at 4:30 a.m. to work out and meditate
The ideal candidate can sift through the noise of experts and advice to pluck out the concrete tips, unique insights, and resonant stories that will help readers get closer to success in work and life.
They should also be able to write great headlines, put together catchy features, and be bursting with ideas for how to make the section a vibrant must-read.
The editor should expect to write daily and work closely with our personal finance and executive life teams, as well as manage at least two reporters and full-time interns.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- The ability to translate expert, nuanced advice into clear, straightforward articles
- Interest in digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- At least two years of experience writing and/or editing at a magazine or online publication
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
APPLY HERE with your resume and cover letter telling us why this is your ideal job.
Please note that this full time position requires that you work in our Manhattan office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.