Business Director, Personal Finance
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc., the parent company of Business Insider and Insider, is looking for a talented Business Director to join the fast-growing Personal Finance Insider team. The team offers helpful research and advice to our readers, making recommendations for the best financial products, services, etc. for our readers to use. This role will help grow revenue operations for the team.
The Business Director will be responsible for optimizing existing business relationships, evaluating new opportunities and looking for every way possible to make our coverage as comprehensive and helpful as possible while generating revenue through in-depth knowledge of the market and competitive insights. The ideal candidate will know the ins and outs of the industry and help us navigate this challenging and fast-growing space. This is a brand-new role for the team. It is perfect for a self-starter who embraces change and can adjust quickly as our business continues to grow.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years of experience in finance, management consulting, corporate development, and/or other relevant fields
- Deep knowledge of the financial services sector, including compliance, business models, technology, data security, etc.
- Exceed all of our quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Partner closely with the Director of Content Strategy for Personal Finance to assess and recommend opportunities geared towards the long term value of Insider Inc.’s brand, strategy and audience
- Work closely with a variety of teams in the company through all aspects of opportunity development, including idea generation, sourcing partner targets, the business case, product/tech requirements, financial modeling, and integration
- Experience with analytics and problem solving
- Ability to think strategically while balancing competing priorities
- Have excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills
If this is the job for you, let us know by applying online!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.