Audience Development Manager
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is hiring an Audience Development Manager to join our fast-growing Business Development team. We’re the dynamic digital publishing company behind Business Insider, Tech Insider, and INSIDER.
The Audience Development Manager's mission is to 1) understand the ever-evolving world of social networks and platforms, 2) maintain running analysis of those platforms and company performance, 3) interpret data related to those platforms, and 4) put stats into actionable plans.
This role is situated on the business side of the company and involves collaboration with the analytics, editorial, product, and tech teams to evaluate and execute opportunities for audience growth.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience in digital media working on distribution across social platforms, in addition to experience with analytics. Importantly, this person understands and has a passion for content that works on the web.
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and new social media platforms to grow readership across all sites
- Partner with teams across the organization to develop and enhance the BI social media strategy (editorial, analytics, sales/studios, product/tech)
- Develop and deliver regular and ongoing reports on audience development initiatives
- Use analytics to create plans and collaborate to put them into action
- Embrace experimentation and constantly iterate to maximize distributed reach and revenue
- At least 2-4 years of experience at a digital news organization
- Familiarity with digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, ComScore etc.)
- Hands on knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, to name a few)
To succeed in this role, you will need
- A passion for the digital media space and web content
- Ability to stay up-to-date on industry developments and competitors and to be active in the media community
- Extremely strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Facility with Excel; analytic mindset