Associate Content Producer, Insider Picks
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc. is looking for a talented Associate Content Producer to master our custom CMS and publish daily reviews and buying guides about products and services. You'll be part of the growing Insider Picks affiliate commerce team.
Insider Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products and services from around the web every day. Our readers are savvy professionals, and we want them to everything from awesome deals on must-have products to new and interesting items that just hit the market — Things you’d want to tell your friends about. You will have the opportunity write some stories as needed in addition to producing digital content from the Insider Picks editorial team.
Insider Inc. generates revenue when readers buy products through our site. You’ll be coming on board to help us build out the Insider Picks program, and along the way, be a part of a new field of service journalism. Insider Picks debuted in late 2014 to great success, selling millions of products across many categories.
- Prepare and copy-edit text, photos, and slideshows within the Insider Inc. CMS
- Produce articles including writing copy, selecting photos, writing headlines and captions, and packaging stories for publication
- Supplement Insider Picks editors and reporters as needed for additional coverage
- Track your stories in affiliate analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related degree field
- 0-2 years of experience in an online news environment preferred, but candidates with relevant internships will also be considered
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently, flawless grammar, spelling, and usage
- Ability to solve technical, formatting, or any other problems encountered
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with content management systems, photo editing software, and analytics tools (Google Analytics)
- Basic-level understanding of Photoshop and HTML (more than basic is a plus)
How to apply:
To apply for the Insider Picks Associate Content Producer position at Business Insider, please submit the following information:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Links to five published pieces
- A list of five pitches
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.