Assistant Managing Editor
Editorial | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Insider Inc. is hiring an assistant managing editor to help run the San Francisco newsroom.
At Insider Inc. our motto is "get better every day." An AME is a crucial person in our newsroom who helps achieve this goal.
An AME is someone who is excited to bring new talent into the newsroom and help reporters grow and learn in their careers.
We're looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, is organized, and has endless enthusiasm for digital journalism.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Posting jobs and screening fellowship applications in SF
- On-boarding new SF hires and helping familiarize them with Insider Inc.
- Setting up skill-building seminars and series across the SF newsroom
- Being the eyes and ears of the SF office, tasked with making Insider Inc. a great place to work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelors degree in a related field (journalism degree is not required but is a plus)
- Impeccable communication skills
- At least a year of professional experience
Please apply here with your cover letter and resume. In the cover letter, let us know why this role at Insider excites you.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.