Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Full Time
We're hiring an Account Manager to join the BI Intelligence team.
Business Insider Intelligence is a fast-growing, cutting edge research service from Business Insider. BI Intelligence offers insights and tools essential to companies making strategic decisions across mobile, digital media, e-commerce, the Internet of Things, payments, and fintech industries (and soon transportation/logistics and digital health). Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, start-ups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates that have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insights to keep atop of trends shaping the digital and mobile landscape.
The Account Manager will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with key stakeholders to drive renewal rates and grow each account. The position reports into the head of subscriptions.
- Build and maintain strong, lasting customer relationships as the main point of contact for your own book of accounts - managing the subscription lifecycle from onboarding to renewal and expansion.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders and executive budget sponsors within each account.
- Drive engagement rates and ensure subscribers are taking full advantage of our content.
- Work with client partners to identify growth opportunities and chart a path to expanding access for their organization
- Pitch, negotiate and close increased renewals and upsells
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly / quarterly initiatives to internal stakeholders
- A people person who enjoys making connections and can get to the heart of what each client needs
- A self-starter who naturally takes charge and finds process in ambiguity. You’re always looking for ways to optimize and can embrace Business Insider’s mission: get better every day.
- A natural multitasker who can quickly triage competing priorities and is comfortable balancing long-term goals with short term demands
- A confident communicator who understands how to effectively tailor messaging and articulate value, be it in person, on the phone, or over email. You have an affinity for navigating difficult conversations and can hold your ground.
- A tenacious go-getter who’s excited by new challenges and stays positive in the face of adversity. You expect yourself to hit - if not exceed - your goals and know how to make it happen.
- A committed client partner who’s determined to help customers take advantage of our content and succeed in the changing digital world.
- 1-3 years of experience in account management, sales, renewals, or related area
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of internal and client stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent