Account Executive - Research Sales
Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Full Time
We’re hiring an Account Executive to the join the BI Intelligence team.
BI Intelligence is Business Insider’s premium research service, delivering real-time insights on emerging trends, technologies, and disruptors in the digital arena. Business changes at the speed of digital— we provide insight, research, analysis, and data helping our clients stay ahead of what’s new and next in digital technologies across the Internet of Things, mobile, digital media, e-commerce, payments, and digital financial services industries.
The Account Executive will be responsible for all stages of the sales cycle – he/she will identify potential prospects, perform outreach to secure meetings, pitch prospects through a consultative sales approach, and close new business.
In this role you will cultivate, and manage relationships with high-level executives at Fortune 500 companies across the world. You will be working closely with the analysts, researchers and our marketing team to formulate account strategies, execute on those strategies, and close deals.
- Create new sales opportunities by identifying target accounts and specific executives.
- Schedule phone or in-person meetings through cold outreach.
- Pitch offering through a consultative sales approach that supports their strategic and tactical needs.
- Close new business to achieve revenue goals on a quarterly/annual basis.
- Accurately manage and forecast sales pipeline.
- A tenacious go-getter who is excited by new challenges and stays positive in the face of adversity. You expect yourself to hit - if not exceed - your goals and know how to make it happen.
- A people person who naturally forms connections and can get to the heart of the unique pain points each prospect is dealing with.
- A self-starter who takes charge and finds process in ambiguity. You’re always looking for ways to optimize and can embrace Business Insider’s mission: get better every day.
- An expert multi-tasker who can quickly triage competing priorities and is comfortable balancing long-term goals with short term demands
- A confident communicator who understands how to effectively tailor messaging and articulate value, be it in person, on the phone, or over email. You have an affinity for navigating difficult conversations and can hold your ground in negotiations.
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience, preferably in a related field
- Demonstrated track record of winning business and hitting targets
- Bachelor’s Degree
If this sounds like a great job for you, please apply online and include a cover letter — tell us a bit about why you're a good fit for the role, detailing any relevant success or experiences.