Account Executive (Digital Ad Sales)
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Business Insider is hiring an Account Executive in San Francisco to sell digital advertising solutions across all industry verticals. The Account Executive is responsible for achieving revenue targets by prospecting clients, developing and cultivating client relationships, and selling integrated digital media solutions on Business Insider, Tech Insider, and Insider. The Account Executive will report into the VP of Sales. They will work together to formulate strategies for attacking territories and accounts, to drive inroads into accounts, and to learn best practices to grow the territory.
Success in this role includes closing deals and driving incremental revenue with existing and new accounts, as well as an ability to articulate the Business Insider/Tech Insider/Insider value proposition. The AE will join a collaborative and cohesive team that learns from each other, supports each other, and drives team success.
Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media, and selling. Success will be highly dependent upon the candidate’s willingness to navigate prospective accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Business Insider’s products and ad solutions on their behalf, and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
- Drive early stage opportunities through the sales pipeline
- Seek out and develop relationships with clients
- Develop an understanding of clients' business issues; sell through BI offerings that support clients' strategic and tactical needs
- Drive engagement with clients and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Communicate effectively in writing, over the phone and in-person with internal and external teams
- Achieve revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Accurately manage and forecast sales pipeline
- 1-3 years of work experience in digital media and advertising sales.
- Attention to detail
- Drive, determination, consistency and passion
- Mastery of typical office software applications
- College degree
If this is the right opportunity for you, please apply online and tell us a bit about why you're a good fit for the role. Thanks in advance.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.