Account Executive (Digital Ad Sales)
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We're hiring an Account Executive (Digital Ad Sales) to join our San Francisco or Los Angeles team. We are looking for a dynamic seller who has experience selling digital technology and/or other services over the phone, email and in-person. The ideal candidate would love the Insider Inc. brands, is a self-starter, comfortable in prospecting new business, enjoys providing great service with their existing clients and is comfortable working in a remote sales office.
Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media, and selling. Success will be highly dependent upon the candidate’s willingness to navigate prospective accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Insider Inc’s products and ad solutions on their behalf, and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
- Develop custom client solutions utilizing Insider Inc’s entire suite of products including Branded Content. Display, Video, Programmatic, Podcasts and Live Events.
- Grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly
- Work across multiple client and agency departments, i.e. branded content, video, digital and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Coordinate internally with the Integrated Marketing, Client Services, Media Planning, Studios and Edit teams, to create successful ad campaigns.
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our clients to use Insider Inc. to enhance their business
- Develop strategic account plans to achieve target revenue goals; hit or exceed these revenue goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry
- Attend weekly and monthly sales and client service meetings as required
- Represent Insider Inc. at events and serve as a brand ambassador
- Manage activity using salesforce.com
- 1-3 years of Digital media experience, including mobile, digital video, social, programmatic, and data
- Must have the ability to obtain and conduct face-to-face meetings with decision makers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great attitude and interest in learning new skills
- Attention to detail
- Need to be self-motivated and comfortable working in a small office
- Possess a strong business acumen
- Ability to thrive in an innovative environment
- Deep network of advertiser and agency relationships with B2B and B2C clients
- Drive, determination, consistency, and passion -- for Business Insider and its content across all sites
Insider Inc. is committed to hiring the best in talent. Our employees are our greatest asset and we want our company to be as diverse as the communities we live in, work in, and write about so that we can continue to get better every day. Our employees have helped us build and distribute our many brands across the world, including INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. We launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.