Account Director (Digital Ad Sales), New York
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is more than just the go-to news source for today's business leaders. It is also is a global media company focused on explaining the incredible, exploring possibility, and inspiring change in the world around us. Our publications - including Business Insider, INSIDER and Markets Insider - reach an audience of more than 300 million, deliver more than 2 billion video views, and drive millions of shares, likes, and social engagements every month. Our innovative events and content services teams deliver world-class storytelling to our audience in new ways.
None of this would be possible without an incredible, passionate team. They come to work every day excited to change the face of digital publishing. Ready to join a growing company where your contributions can have a big impact? Keep reading!
We're hiring an Account Director (Digital Ad Sales) to join our New York team. We're hiring an experienced, client-facing, enthusiastic digital media expert who is capable of creating and selling digital ad solutions for B2B and B2C clients. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate abstract concepts and ideas into actionable marketing solutions is essential.
Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media, and selling. Success will be highly dependent upon the candidate’s willingness to navigate prospective accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Business Insider’s products and ad solutions on their behalf, and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
- Establish and grow client relationships across all industry verticals
- Achieve revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Seek out and develop relationships with clients and agencies; develop an understanding of clients' business issues; sell through BI offerings that support clients' strategic and tactical needs
- Drive engagement with clients and deliver an exceptional customer service
- Communicate effectively in writing and over the phone
- Accurately manage and forecast sales pipeline
- 8+ years of digital media experience, including mobile, digital video, social, programmatic, and data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great attitude and interest in learning new skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in an innovative environment
- Deep network of advertiser and agency relationships with B2B and B2C clients
- Drive, determination, consistency, and passion -- for Business Insider and it's content across all sites
If this is the gig for you, please apply online and tell us why you're a good fit for the position. Thanks in advance.