Account Director, Digital Ad Sales
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc. is the largest digital business news site, and publisher. We now reach an audience of more than 100 million readers each month. This candidate should be an experienced, client facing, enthusiastic digital media expert capable of creating custom, complex, content-driven digital programs for B2B and B2C clients. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate abstract concepts and ideas into actionable marketing solutions is essential.
Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media, and selling. Success will be highly dependent upon the candidate’s willingness to navigate named accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Business Insider’s products and ad solutions on their behalf, and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
● Develop custom client solutions utilizing Insider Inc’s entire suite of products including Branded Content. Display, Video, Programmatic, Podcasts and Live Events.
●Create, maintain, and sustain relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly while hitting quarterly sales targets.
● Work across multiple client and agency partners, i.e. branded content, video, digital and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
● Coordinate internally with the Integrated Marketing, Client Services, Media Planning, Studios and Edit teams, to create successful ad campaigns.
● Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our clients to use Insider Inc. to enhance their business
● Develop strategic account plans to achieve target revenue goals; hit or exceed these revenue goals
● Develop in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry
● Attend weekly and monthly sales and client service meetings as required
● Represent Insider Inc. at events, entertaining clients and serve as a brand ambassador
● Manage activity using salesforce.com
● Identify areas for professional improvement and work with manager to address
· Extensive digital media experience, including mobile, video, social, data targeting and programmatic.
· 6+ years of frontline digital sales experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to articulate a compelling story about a publisher
· Ability to thrive in an innovative environment
· Drive, determination, consistency, and passion
· Passion for the Business Insider brand and its products
· A history of successfully selling digital-fueled, cross-platform ideas to clients within a Creative or Public Relations environment preferred.