Internal Application: Marketing Director
Marketing | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both SaaS technology and construction, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
BuildOps is looking for a passionate, data-driven marketer to own our widespread marketing efforts from our home base in Los Angeles. This candidate will join our close-knit, fast-growing startup with the unique opportunity to help build out a critical function for the company. We need a leader with a broad set of skills who can focus on big-picture strategy, but can just as easily jump in and take ownership of specific marketing functions to get the job done.
What You'll Do:
- Plan and execute a marketing strategy for BuildOps, its core product, and additions/new releases to the platform.
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget.
- Work cross-functionally with other department leaders, industry partners, advisors, and other key stakeholders.
- Drive demand gen strategy, combining existing knowledge with opportunities through partners and associations.
- Create and manage a calendar of events such as webinars, conferences, and thought leadership contributions.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to guide day-to-day activities.
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary.
- Explore new and creative avenues to promote and differentiate the BuildOps brand.
- Develop and execute on quarterly KPIs in line with sales goals.
- Coordinate efforts across our various freelance contractors including designers, web developers, and digital media experts.
- Occasional travel to industry trade shows, customer go-lives, etc.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5-8 years’ experience in a related position, ideally at a SaaS startup or agency.
- Experience developing and executing content strategy and marketing campaigns.
- Demand gen experience — strategies, best practices, KPIs, etc. — and proven ability to drive successful demand gen efforts.
- Experience collaborating with external partners/organizations and the ability to recognize and capitalize on marketing opportunities as a part of those relationships.
- Ability to thrive within a collaborative team environment and understand that we succeed or fail together.
- Ability to understand and leverage data around marketing efforts to continuously improve.
- Efficient and effective problem-solving capabilities with strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a related field.
- Familiarity with the commercial contractor/MEP industry.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape in MEP technology.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Wordpress, monday.com, and SalesLoft.