Engineering | San Jose, CA | Full Time
After establishing ourselves as a leading nationwide firm in building energy commissioning and optimization; Bes-Tech has added new marketing aspects to our services by adding retrofit and retro commissioning capabilities to our skill set. Bes-Tech brings innovative products and solid experience to our clients in the fields of HVAC systems and controls technology. At Bes-Tech, we promote energy efficient operations and maintenance best practices in commercial and institutional buildings where we strive to improve system and technology performance working on all types of facilities and systems from office buildings, manufacturer clean rooms, health care facilities, schools and much more. We utilize our expertise in applied science combined with practical field experience and cross disciplines including mechanical, electrical and building automation controls to design and manufacture our innovative products, services, and technologies.
This opportunity is in the San Jose, CA area. Specific job responsibilities may include project management, customer/contractor communication and coordination, technical report writing, project proposal writing, project cost calculation, project quality assurance, commissioning and optimization of HVAC system, performing building audits, designing components of new programs, researching new energy efficiency measures, and more.
Responsibilities in this role:
- Work with lead engineers to develop project execution plan.
- Manage the staff engineers and junior engineers to ensure projects on time and within budget.
- Coordinate with lead engineers to resolve any technical challenges.
- Lead customer/contractor meetings and resolve customer and management project issues.
- Technical coordination of contractors to complete projects on time and within budget
- QC responsibility and follow up for all project deliverables through project closure.
- Perform HVAC system walk-through with subcontractors.
- Writing technical reports.
- Work with chief engineer to develop project proposals.
- Develop project preliminary budget.
- Develop engineering solutions and provide technical analysis.
- Commissioning and optimization of HVAC systems
- Diagnose and trouble-shoot HVAC components.
- Willingness to travel 25% to 40% and spend up to a week on sites.
- Bachelor's or above degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or building automation control related)
- PE/EIT registration is highly desirable
- A minimum of 3+ years experience required in HVAC, building automation control or related field/work
- Proficiency in technical writing and comprehensive documentation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD & Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
- Hands on experience with building automation control is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Exemplify customer service excellence
Direct experience in:
- HVAC system design
- Building commissioning and audit performance
- Mechanical/electrical installation & construction management
- Chilled water & hot water systems
- Instrumentation and control systems
- P&IDs, electrical one line diagrams
- PLC based system design and programming is desirable.
- Supervision to staff engineers
- Compensation: Salary
- Experience: Senior Level
- Function: Project Engineer
- San Jose, CA Office Opportunity
Opportunities for personal wealth creation:
Our package features benefits that are among the best in the industry, offering you many opportunities to build your personal wealth. Our benefits are designed to attract and retain the most talented people.
- Company Paid Life Insurance – 2 X’s Your Salary Up To $200,000
- Competitive Medical & Dental Insurance
- Nine paid holidays per year
- 40 hours of personal time off per calendar year
- 10 days of vacation for each of the first five years of employment
- Bonus Distribution Plan