Talent Acquisition Specialist
Human Resources | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Talent Acquisition Specialist
B-Stock Solutions is a venture-backed company coming up in our 10th year revolutionizing an area of business that hasn’t changed in decades. We serve Fortune 1000 retailers and manufacturers (including Walmart, Costco, Target, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, GameStop, Whirlpool, Genesco, and many others), as well as thousands of small and medium sized businesses. Our core business is growing at over 50% year over year because we create real and substantial value for our clients.
B-Stock is experiencing rapid growth and needs entrepreneurial team members who would appreciate a working with the biggest brands in retail on a great team. This position is a great opportunity to collaborate with an experienced team while making immediate impact on what we value most – our people and culture.
Scope of the Role
Given our rapid growth, we are actively hiring across the organization and across our multiple offices (on multiple continents!). Shaping the future of the organization by recruiting the right people with the right skills and characteristics is our top priority.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will:
- Own full cycle recruiting across the organization, partnering with hiring managers to craft individual recruiting and sourcing strategies. From intake to close, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is there every step of the way.
- Shrink the time required to fill openings by establishing a robust pipeline of qualified candidates in each function area. As a result, you have top-notch sourcing skills – develop and execute creative sourcing strategies to include databases, social media and your own aggressive initiative to find great candidates.
- Excel in the ability to identify, attract, and secure top level talent. You have everything from a keen eye for detail and strong experience in the art of negotiation.
- Keep ‘em warm! Manage the existing talent pipeline and identify any future opportunities in the company that top talent may be a fit for.
- Provide a superior candidate experience consisting of high touch-points and personalization.
- Take a data-driven approach to hiring – everything is measured and appropriately leverage these data points in our recruitment strategies.
- Be thoughtful, strategic, and skilled in managing processes and human interactions – while still taking action without delay.
- Work closely with our team to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding top talent.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessments of best practices in interviewing, leveraging internal source of talent and identification of top performing candidates.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist needs to:
- Have a great attitude, embrace the start-up environment and be very flexible in what you are doing, when and how.
- Be a great, enthusiastic representative of the company who makes candidates want to join the team. Positively impact the B-Stock culture through hiring future team members whom embody and uphold our key values.
- Be comfortable in a demanding environment with high expectations around the quality of work you do.
- Be self-driven, have superior organization skills, effective communication, and a high level of integrity
- Be naturally curious – you’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Have a healthy obsession about the candidate experience. You are self-aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails.
- You’re thoughtful of the candidate while also aware of how recruitment affects day-today business operations.
- Be competitive when it comes to finding and closing talent for B-Stock, though you actively collaborate with all B-Stock teammates.
- Think and act like a team player – we are all growing B-Stock together!
Experience and background required for role:
- 2-3 years of full recruiting lifecycle experience in-house or with a search firm, experience in the startup environment and technical recruiting experience is strongly preferred
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or another HR/Recruitment Certification
- Experience sourcing for candidates (technical and non-technical) through multiple channels such as online, events, referrals, and networking.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the Human Resources team.
- High attention to detail with proven organizational skills is a must
- Track record of delivery extraordinary customer service and hiring results
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and personal accountability
- Experience in prioritize multiple searches while maintaining strong open lines of communication with Hiring Teams
- Must has success in recruiting passive candidates and possess the mentality to identify great talent for the company rather than selling the role
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to coach and mentor on recruitment processes
You would love it at B-Stock if you:
- Take whatever you are doing very seriously but do not take yourself too seriously
- Have fun solving problems, even if executing that solution is time consuming
- Love learning new stuff all the time, and learn new things quickly
- Care about doing a great job, no matter what you are doing, working or not
- Want to be part of something meaningful, where everything you do is important to the company
- Love lunch
The candidate’s attitude, skill-set, and ability to learn is more important than the specific experience set defined above. We are looking for people with great attitudes who want to have a meaningful role in building a fast-growing company. B-Stock moves fast and has high expectations from everyone on the team.
This position is based in our Redwood City, CA (headquarters) office reporting to the Human Resources Manager.