Software Engineer, Node.js Microservices
Technology | Boston, MA | Full Time
At B-Stock, we run lean, fast, and show no signs of slowing down. From the Bay Area to Boston to Salt Lake, Orlando, and London, our company is made up of people who are eager to transform the old-school way retailers and manufacturers think about one of their longest-standing challenges: liquidation.
We offer the world’s leading auction platform for returned, excess, and other liquidation inventory. Our platform sets up an online auction dynamic where retailers and manufacturers can sell directly to a diverse base of approved business buyers; this drives greater demand, higher pricing and a faster sales cycle, while maintaining the control our customers need. By applying our auction strategy and data, nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers, along with hundreds of other businesses, are attaining the highest pricing possible for secondary-market merchandise across all categories, conditions, and quantities.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
Are you a Software Engineer with experience developing Node.js microservices looking to make a global impact with your projects? If so, we want to talk to you!B-Stock needs more passionate Software Engineers to help us build great products that will continue to fuel our growth.
Our team works on proven, modern stacks that include ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Kafka and many others. You will help us design, build and maintain hardened, resilient microservices in cloud environments. Your goal is to build efficient programs and systems which serve our customers and internal business units.
You will work with other developers, product and project managers throughout the software development life cycle. We want team players who pay attention to detail with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with peers to design and develop software solutions
- Produce clean and efficient code, that is ready to scale
- Help launch and support production services
- Integrate with third-party services and components
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
- Write various tests (e.g. unit, integration, performance) to ensure scalable service code
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Code using test-driven development (TDD)
- Offer technical support for new and existing services
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- BSC/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years coding enterprise services
- 1+ years coding Node.js microservices in production environments
- Understanding of best practices and architectural principles surrounding microservices and Node.js
- Experience with at least one Node.js framework (Express, Koa, Restify, etc.)
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining services in at least one cloud provider (Google Cloud Platform preferred, AWS OK)
- Experience with various datastores and caching technologies (MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, MySQL, elasticsearch)
- Experience with securing API endpoints
- Experience with Pub/Sub
- Experience with various web services (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Able to work effectively in a distributed team environment
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with service discovery technologies
- Experience with CI/CD configuration
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with bucket/object storage (S3, GCP Cloud Storage)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with source code systems (Git)
- Experience using Confluence, Gitlab, JIRA, Trello, Asana
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and its various offerings
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
- Support for continuing education
- Team offsites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.