Software Engineer, Node.js Microservices
Technology | Boston, MA | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 175,000 transactions per year, selling 90 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
Are you a Software Engineer with experience developing Node.js microservices looking to make a global impact with your projects? If so, we want to talk to you!B-Stock needs more passionate Software Engineers to help us build great products that will continue to fuel our growth.
Our team works on proven, modern stacks that include ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Kafka and many others. You will help us design, build and maintain hardened, resilient microservices in cloud environments. Your goal is to build efficient programs and systems which serve our customers and internal business units.
You will work with other developers, product and project managers throughout the software development life cycle. We want team players who pay attention to detail with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with peers to design and develop software solutions
- Produce clean and efficient code, that is ready to scale
- Help launch and support production services
- Integrate with third-party services and components
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
- Write various tests (e.g. unit, integration, performance) to ensure scalable service code
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Code using test-driven development (TDD)
- Offer technical support for new and existing services
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- BSC/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years coding enterprise services
- 1+ years coding Node.js microservices in production environments
- Understanding of best practices and architectural principles surrounding microservices and Node.js
- Experience with at least one Node.js framework (Express, Koa, Restify, etc.)
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining services in at least one cloud provider (Google Cloud Platform preferred, AWS OK)
- Experience with various datastores and caching technologies (MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, MySQL, elasticsearch)
- Experience with securing API endpoints
- Experience with Pub/Sub
- Experience with various web services (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Able to work effectively in a distributed team environment
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with service discovery technologies
- Experience with CI/CD configuration
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with bucket/object storage (S3, GCP Cloud Storage)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with source code systems (Git)
- Experience using Confluence, Gitlab, JIRA, Trello, Asana
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and its various offerings
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
- Support for continuing education
- Team offsites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.