Software Developer, React
Technology | Orlando, FL | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 175,000 transactions per year, selling 90 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
- Experience with client-side state management using Redux
- Facilitate asynchronous calls between UI and Restful API's
- Experience creating responsive applications
- Experience with React unit testing using Jest
- Experience with React build process and tools like Webpack, Babel and Gulp
- Handle cross-cutting concerns like authentication/authorization, I18N, logging, security, and testing into developer boilerplates to minimize production errors
- Partner with the DevOps Team to support UI continuous integration and deployment processes
- Interact directly with UX/UI designers to implement UX/UI strategies and designs
- Support QA in resolving issues by reproducing, diagnosing and analyzing the root cause
- Understanding the individual product requirements for the future product release development and innovation
- Being conversant across front and back-end development to make modifications and enhancements across all aspects of the system.
- Ongoing interaction with designers, project managers and testing on application usability, features and performance.
- Interpret wireframes and requirements documents into sound technical solutions.
- Work on projects from product requirements to launch, including code review, unit testing, testing and deployment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and/or appropriate experience
- Overall more than 2+ years' experience with system design and development of web applications
- 1+ years production experience with React JS (and/or other modern frontend frameworks, Angular, Vue, etc) and associated tooling (ex: Redux, Jest, Enzyme)
- Expertise with mobile & desktop browser concerns, capabilities and limitations.
- Experience with OO design patterns
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience working with SCM platforms such as Git
- Technical project experience, including analyzing, documenting and designing software system architectures
- Experience with secure application development (website and web services security) is a plus
- Mobile application development is a plus
- User Experience design experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Attentive listening skills
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts