Senior Manager, Demand Generation
Marketing | Belmont, CA | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest B2B marketplace for returned and excess merchandise. Our customers range from entrepreneurial side hustlers to small businesses to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 150,000 transactions per year, selling 70 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
B-Stock is seeking a Senior Manager of Demand Generation, who will be responsible for driving buyer growth and engagement on our platform. This professional will be a key member of B-Stock’s growing marketing team and will be highly visible both internally and externally. The selected candidate will be creative, analytical and strategic, using all of those skills to proactively help B-Stock drive buyer growth across key categories and geographies.
This role requires the willingness and ability to actively manage multiple, simultaneous projects; the skills to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders across B-Stock’s organization; and the ability to cultivate strong, strategic relationships with external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive growth in new and repeat buyers by developing and executing creative marketing strategies in partnership within marketing as well as with product and category specialists across the organization. Efforts will include:
- Paid media strategy across Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Display etc.
- Email touchpoints across promotional, triggered and transactional communications
- Partnerships with key buyer groups, communities and publications
- Work with Content Team to develop buyer-focused content marketing, education and events
- Work with Analytics team to test and measure campaign strategies to optimize performance and marketing channels
- Ensure strong value-based messaging, brand consistency and core values across all campaign communications
- Analyze KPIs and provide feedback to various stakeholders for recalibration
- Leverage research, consumer insights and market trends to formulate learnings that will inform product positioning, marketing campaigns, and strategic partnerships
- Additional responsibilities as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A real passion for growth marketing with a track record that shows it
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience and/or e-commerce experience
- Experience driving business results by translating high-level organizational business strategies into actionable and successful multi-channel marketing strategies and campaigns
- Talented, customer-centric marketer who understands how to translate customer insights into compelling marketing campaigns
- Passion for data-driven marketing and demonstrated analytical ability
- Understanding of A/B testing, cohort analysis, funnel and segmentation analysis
- Great cross-functional colleague, with experience working in a nimble team with fast-growing expectations
- Innovation champion, with proven track record working in white space and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills with ability to lead meetings with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Sense of humor
Be honest. We do the right thing because it’s right.
Have passion for building something great. We empower employees to “think like an owner” so we dare to try. Let’s find new ways to grow B-Stock together.
Humor. Take whatever you are doing very seriously but do not take yourself too seriously.
Teamwork. Our successes are achieved because we work in stride, leveraging each other’s strengths as a unified effort.
Respect. We show consideration for each other and recognize the power in our diversity.
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
- Support for continuing education
- Team offsites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.