Program Manager - Business Development
Business Development | Belmont, CA | Full Time
PROGRAM MANAGER - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
B-Stock Solutions is a technology provider, powering the largest network of B2B liquidation marketplaces. Our award winning platform connects customer returns and overstock inventory from retailers and manufacturers directly to qualified business buyers through customized, private-label online auction marketplaces. A full list of marketplaces, an outline of solutions, and further company information is available at bstock.com
Working with minimal supervision, the Business Development Program Manager is responsible for strategic third party program creation, execution, management, and process development. Principle business objectives include scoping business development opportunities, negotiating contracts and services, organizing implementation of programs, ensuring program goals and deliveries are met, and maintaining ongoing relationships and program improvements with applicable vendors. This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deep knowledge of the B-Stock platform and set of solutions
- Identify potential strategic partners and programs through outreach, identification and research.
- Skilled networking abilities that forge strong ties with partners and service providers
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be nimble and cross-functional simultaneously
- Outstanding cross-functional people management skills
- Ability to speak any department’s ‘language’
- Manage multiple freight & logistics vendor relationships
- Manage communication of initiatives and program changes
- Attend client meetings to address strategic service specific topics and recommend impactful solutions
- Work closely with technology and product to prioritize programs and maintain timelines
- Continually negotiate with vendors to improve pricing
- Work with the vendors to create reporting, documentation, training, and standardized communication
- Becomes the primary point of contact and knowledge for business development programs, products and vendors
- Attention to Detail: The ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure.
- Self-Management: The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes
- Frequent Interaction with Others: The job requires a strong “people orientation”. The job will comfortably deal with multiple interruptions on a continual basis, always maintaining a friendly interface with others.
- Bachelor’s degree, with accredited study in program management, business management, marketing, entrepreneurship, merchandising, supply chain, financial analysis, logistics, or related area of study required.
- Business development, program management, account management, merchandising, logistics, purchasing, or experience in a retail, logistics, technology, eCommerce or related environment required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 4+ years experience in logistics, account management, business development, or program management
- Superior ability to meet demanding, evolving long-term goals
- Demonstrated experience managing complex programs
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Strong knowledge of liquidation, logistics, freight, wholesale, automation, and retail services
- Prior consultancy driven experiences