Product | Belmont, CA | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 150,000 transactions per year, selling 70 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
B-Stock Solutions is looking for a self-motivated individual possessing a combination of technical understanding and business acumen that characterizes a strong product/senior product manager to identify friction points and new process opportunities. This individual will report to the Director of Product, and will work closely with many internal business teams including engineers, and other product managers on the team. This is full time and based at our Belmont, CA location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the SME (subject matter expert) of our platform. This entails a deep understanding of the functionality of our platform and how each of our internal teams uses it in order to be able to identify downstream impacts.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills in order to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional and/or technical requirements
- Perform data analysis to support new features and enhancements
- Create wireframes, and workflow diagrams to convey proof of concepts to key stakeholders in an iterative manner
- Ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with internal teams across the company
- Work closely with UX designer in crafting simple, elegant, and impactful experiences
- Collaborate with engineers to specify and execute new product features in an iterative manner, including leading and performing UAT prior to feature releases
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 3+ years experience in product management in an e-commerce environment
- 2+ years of experience in building, launching, and iterating on major product initiatives that customers love or has eliminated/reduced inefficiencies
- Be able to perform SQL queries to gather data to support feature requests
- Working knowledge with Third Party System Integrations using APIs
- Understanding of B2B private marketplaces and/or B2C marketplaces
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to self-manage projects and priorities to deliver projects on time
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Quick learner with strong technical aptitude
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Experience using Balsimiq and/or other wire-framing tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related discipline or equivalent experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience in the liquidation/auction industry is a plus
- Experience working on a SaaS platform
- Familiar with analytical/reporting tools such as MixPanel, Google Analytics, and/or Tableau
- Be honest. We do the right thing because it’s right.
- Have passion for building something great. We empower employees to “think like an owner” so we dare to try. Let’s find new ways to grow B-Stock together.
- Humor. Take whatever you are doing very seriously but do not take yourself too seriously.
- Teamwork. Our successes are achieved because we work in stride, leveraging each other’s strengths as a unified effort.
- Respect. We show consideration for each other and recognize the power in our diversity
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.