Professional Services | South Jordan, UT | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 150,000 transactions per year, selling 70 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
We have an open position for a Mediator. This is a great opportunity for a budding conflict resolution professional. In this role, you will review order disputes and be a multi-partial mediator between our buyers and sellers to arrive at a fair and equitable resolution for all parties involved. You will be assigned a group of clients to oversee and then mitigate the resolution process when an issue arises. The Mediator is responsible to address questions and complaints regarding order disputes including shipping, shortage, not-as-described issues, and any related fraud concerns; including reviewing and resolving occasional BBB complaints. You will have the opportunity to continually refine your skills as a conflict resolution professional.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the dispute process for several clients, while being knowledgeable on their specific policies and procedures
- Exercise due diligence, critical thinking, and negotiation skills to determine the appropriate action to resolve open disputes
- Facilitate clear and timely communication between buyer and seller; establish clear expectations to ensure understanding and overall satisfaction
- Empathize and de-escalate high stress situations
- Work closely with the Account Management and Customer Service Manager to highlight trends and recommend changes to policy/procedures that will improve the buyer experience while also decreasing the dispute rate
- Case Management: Strengthen relationships with our sellers and understand their evolving policies and procedures.
- Long-Range Planning: Maintain a future focus to determine what direction to take and how to use resources appropriately to achieve optimal resolution.
- Balanced Decision Making: The ability to be objective and to fairly evaluate the different aspects of a situation and to create win/win solutions.
- Empathy and Reality Checking: Occasionally the job demands a balanced approach when expressing an understanding of the customers concerns and communicating the reality of their situation.
- Cross-Cultural Dynamics: A high percentage of time may be spent in listening, understanding, and successfully working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds and languages to achieve positive outcomes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Basic mediation trained or equivalent course work
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving skills, and the ability to make decisions based on sound reasoning
- Results oriented with ability to self-manage, while contributing to a positive work environment
- A team player, someone that naturally collaborates with others (at all levels) and doesn’t hesitate to engage other teams to achieve the best results
- Experience in using web-based applications, including Microsoft Office; proficiency in Excel
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem resolution, persuasion, and customer service skills
- A desire to begin a career in dispute resolution
- Prior working experience in de-escalating high-stress situations
- Knowledge of retail, liquidation, and wholesale principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Online auction or ecommerce experience is very helpful
- Professional proficiency in a second language
Be honest. We do the right thing because it’s right.
Have passion for building something great. We empower employees to “think like an owner” so we dare to try. Let’s find new ways to grow B-Stock together.
Humor. Take whatever you are doing very seriously but do not take yourself too seriously.
Teamwork. Our successes are achieved because we work in stride, leveraging each other’s strengths as a unified effort.
Respect. We show consideration for each other and recognize the power in our diversity
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for continuing education
- Team offsites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.