Manager, Marketing Analytics
Marketing | Belmont, CA | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 150,000 transactions per year, selling 70 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
The Manager, Marketing Analytics will function as analytics partner and a central resource to a diverse marketing team, helping to develop both our customer and business data by analyzing specific data to better understand how to continually drive both buyers and sellers within our network of marketplaces. This position will lead analytics for all marketing channels, while partnering with cross functional teams to pinpoint trends and opportunities
We are looking for an experienced marketing analytics enthusiast that has a strong bias towards action, enjoys finding patterns amidst chaos, and has demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the data. Take ownership of all datasets for measurement of marketing performance and reporting to cross-functional stakeholders, including leadership in marketing, sales, and product management.
- Advise business partners with regards to patterns and relationships in the data to understand and guide marketing strategy, user behavior, and measure outcomes
- Construct data rooted marketing strategies to increase acquisition, engagement, and retention across all marketing channels
- Lead aggregating, tracking, and measuring performance and evaluating the success of marketing initiatives against KPI goals.
- Work cross-functionally with the many internal teams in analyzing a multitude of segments and uncovering actionable insights
- Use data from multiple sources (Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics, etc.) to identify emerging markets, forecast marketing/sales trends and highlight opportunities for new initiatives
- Drive interpretation, socialization, and adoption of analytics insight
- Develop a deep understanding of available data and how they can be used for different analyses to answer questions and solve problems
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 5+ years of experience in a data/marketing analytics, business analytics, consulting, or another quantitative role
- Rich experience in Marketing analytics with a deep understanding of the full scope of marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to evaluate them.
- Ability to drive interpretation, visualize, socialize and achieve adoption of analytics insights
- Strong problem solving, and analysis skills coupled with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels in the organization
- Proven success with owning multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries, and working with large data sets
- Background with statistical analysis and create predictive models
- Familiarity of Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics and Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with both enterprise and self-service business models is a plus
Be honest. We do the right thing because it’s right.
Have passion for building something great. We empower employees to “think like an owner” so we dare to try. Let’s find new ways to grow B-Stock together.
Humor. Take whatever you are doing very seriously but do not take yourself too seriously.
Teamwork. Our successes are achieved because we work in stride, leveraging each other’s strengths as a unified effort.
Respect. We show consideration for each other and recognize the power in our diversity.
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
- Support for continuing education
- Team offsites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.