Email Marketing Specialist
Marketing | Belmont, CA | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 150,000 transactions per year, selling 70 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Email Marketing Specialist. This person will be responsible for the flawless execution of campaigns for both demand and supply teams at B-Stock. This person will have a strong foundation in marketing automation and will be tasked with creating, implementing, and improving best practices ensuring continual enhancement of digital marketing efforts. The ideal candidate is technical, organized, results driven, has strong attention to detail and has a passion for digital applications. This position requires a candidate that has background/knowledge in executing marketing automation campaigns with experience in Marketo.
The right candidate must be enthusiastic, pro-active, detail-oriented, and a hardworking professional able to work well in a team-oriented, client-focused environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and execute various email campaigns simultaneously, including the template designs while also adhering to tight deadlines
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email
- Partner with marketing, sales, and product teams to understand our market and buyer personas, refine messaging and campaign offers
- Develop, execute, and optimize targeted email and nurture campaigns in Marketo while also running A/B testing on subject lines, images, copy, and design.
- Monitor, track, and communicate campaign performance (from email results to MQLs, opportunities, and closed deals)
- Provide content recommendations based on past campaign performance for optimization and success
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to update email processes and functions to allow for a more scalable process
- Support the Marketing Operations Manager with updates to streamline marketing campaigns
- Report on KPIs across channels and partner with the Analytics team when needed
- Make content recommendations based on past campaign performance
- Report on campaign success to the larger team on a weekly basis
- Execute ongoing and ad hoc projects to the benefit of the marketing team and the organization
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 3-5 years of managing marketing operational processes
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in marketing automation systems
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling different projects
- Extremely detail oriented & well organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to problem solve, ability to think outside the box and the desire to learn and grow within a role
- Team player with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Experience in Email Marketing
- Experience working with datasets and Excel files
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field is a plus
- 3-5 years of Marketo hands on experience
- Experience using Salesforce
- HTML and CSS Knowledge is a massive plus
- Experience in B2B or SMB marketing
- Passion for marketing, data and learning new technology
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets and/or Excel
Be honest. We do the right thing because it’s right.
Have passion for building something great. We empower employees to “think like an owner” so we dare to try. Let’s find new ways to grow B-Stock together.
Humor. Take whatever you are doing very seriously but do not take yourself too seriously.
Teamwork. Our successes are achieved because we work in stride, leveraging each other’s strengths as a unified effort.
Respect. We show consideration for each other and recognize the power in our diversity.
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
- Support for continuing education
- Team offsites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.