Customer Service Representative
Professional Services | South Jordan, UT | Full Time
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 150,000 transactions per year, selling 70 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2018, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll be on the phone for long periods of time, encountering all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You'll deal with challenging situations and resolve customer concerns in a positive, simplified manner so that customer fully understand their solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent care to our buyers and sellers, no matter the method of contact:
- Email support (our most common method of buyer communication)
- Inbound telephone support
- Listening to and responding to customer service questions left over voicemail
- Web-based chat support
- Reviewing customer applications using specific criteria, and approving valid applicants
- Dispute processing including validation, collection of supporting documents, and refund calculation.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and recommend viable solutions that add value
- Understanding of when to escalate to manager for additional support
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 1+ year of experience in customer service via phone, email, or chat support
- High School Diploma /GED Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent reading comprehension and judgment
- The ability to utilize existing templates to provide answers that are both professional and personalized
- Aptitude to respond to questions quickly and adapt to new business priorities
- Process to build knowledge base to properly answer repeat questions
- Work independently and prioritize well
- Ability to come up with meaningful solutions, even if that means thinking outside the box
- Fast and accurate using web based applications; specifically Excel proficiency needed
- Positive attitude, hard working, flexibility, and an ability to learn quickly
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of ZenDesk customer service toolset
- Online auction or ecommerce experience is very helpful
- Second language skill at a professional proficiency level
**Please note this position is based full time in our South Jordan Office
Be honest. We do the right thing because it’s right.
Have passion for building something great. We empower employees to “think like an owner” so we dare to try. Let’s find new ways to grow B-Stock together.
Humor. Take whatever you are doing very seriously but do not take yourself too seriously.
Teamwork. Our successes are achieved because we work in stride, leveraging each other’s strengths as a unified effort.
Respect. We show consideration for each other and recognize the power in our diversity.
Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
Medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid Time Off, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
Support for continuing education
Team offsites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.