Warehouse Associates ($12-14/hr)
Operations | Kingston, NY | Full Time
Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady, makers of Beer Making Kits and DIY food kits, are looking for multi-functional FT and PT Warehouse Associates to work in our Kingston, NY facility. As part of the Warehouse Team you will perform an array of jobs that will include receiving, inventory sorting, pick and pack, product kitting, special projects and shipping everything from small parcel to freight to international containers.
The ideal candidates are dependable, have great attention to detail and thrive in a project-driven warehouse environment. A love of craft beer, brewing and working knowledge of beer styles and ingredients (or willingness to learn) is a huge plus.
- Process, package and ship orders accurately
- Build product to stock as needed
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory reports
- Assemble orders placed by individual customers and retailers to be shipped daily
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Examine ingoing and outgoing shipments
- Organize warehouse space
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Check, verify and fill customer invoices
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
- Receive, store, and distribute material, tools, equipment, and supplies throughout warehouse to sustain manufacturing and production activities.
- Unload trucks, check in merchandise, reconcile purchase orders with sales orders, and distribute received inventory to designated production areas.
- Facilitate inventory management and inform management of low inventory; record inventory counts in company computer systems.
- Generate reports documenting defective materials, questionable conditions, and quality benchmark results.
- Keep production area clean and free of all impediments to maintaining a safe and productive work area for you and your coworkers
- Proven warehouse experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate a pallet stacker, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Previous use of warehouse data systems
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to lift or move bulky and heavy products
- You are a team player and able to take direction, yet extremely self-motivated
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Whole Foods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please include a personalized cover letter with application.