Summer Marketing Intern ($12/hr)
Marketing | Brooklyn, NY | Internship
Are you an outgoing, super-friendly, goal-driven, self-starter who wants to spend your days talking about beer, fermentation and DIY-food? Want to learn how to brew yourself while participating in an exciting internship that will have you publishing articles, pitching new story and video ideas, and researching new products, partnerships and events?
- Are a great writer and are excited to work with different brand voices
- Have a gorgeous personal Instagram, smattered with photos of food and fun
- Love farmer's markets, breweries, restaurants, small food producers and makers of all kinds and are passionate about getting more people making things from scratch
What your typical day might look like:
- Brainstorm, pitch and write articles for Brooklyn Brew Shop's blog The Mash, and FarmSteady's Field Guide.
- Write and schedule posts across social media platforms
- Develop content for e-marketing campaigns
- Assist in photo and videos shoots for new products and campaigns
- Research new products, venues, events and news
- Research new stores and regions for potential partnerships
- Assist on Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady test batches
Must be 21+ (it would be a lot less fun if you weren’t allowed to sample the brews we make and review)
Loves (good) beer and is familiar with craft breweries and beer styles
Loves food fermentation, growing, foraging (and wants to learn more)
Knowledge of social media platforms twitter, Facebook, Instagram), CMS (blog) platforms, E-marketing platforms (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc) and photo and/or video editing skills are huge bonuses!
- Cool shared workspace with great ammenities like bottomless coffee, beer on tap and rotating free events and happy hours
- Offsite recipe testing and photo shoot days
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please send resume, cover letter, and weekday availability. The internship period runs from June - September. Our interns are paid $12/hr and need to be able to make a 2 day a week commitment. The internship is generally geared towards editorial and marketing but if you love us, love beer and have a different skill set let us know in your cover letter and we may be able to work something out!