Seasonal Warehouse Associates ($14/hr)
Operations | Kingston, NY | Part Time
The role primarily consists of building kits, packing boxes, filling pouches, applying labels to spec, and moving inventory. It’s a great position in a fun, safe warehouse environment. If you’re looking to pick up a couple days a week here and there and potentially more through the rest of the year, this may be an ideal fit. We’re seeking several enthusiastic workers to join our team.
So if you’re a hard worker, we’d love if you would consider helping us make really cool products that we build here in New York and ship all over the world.
Prior warehouse experience is great, but not mandatory. There will be on-the-job training available. Possible candidates may include anyone seeking part-time work, members of the gig economy, people in bands, off-season farmers, filmmakers, artists, writers, and anyone else that likes to work with their hands.
As as company, we take the safety of our staff very seriously. All staff are required to wear masks and gloves. We have PPE supplies on hand and maintain physical distancing with spaced out work stations
Responsibilities May Include
- Process, package and ship orders accurately
- Build product to stock as needed
- Assemble orders placed by individual customers and retailers to be shipped daily
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
- Keep production area clean and free of all impediments to maintaining a safe and productive work area for you and your coworkers
- Attention to detail
- Great organizational skills
- You’re a team player and able to take direction, yet extremely self-motivated
- You’re able to focus on the task at hand without getting distracted or distracting others
- You’re comfortable performing a potentially repetitive task for several hours on your feet
Nice, But Not Mandatory
- Prior warehouse experience is great, but we’re willing to train motivated people
- Ability to operate a pallet stacker, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Ability to lift or move bulky and heavy products
- Comfortable loading and unloading pallets from trucks and shipping containers
- A love of craft beer, brewing and working knowledge of beer styles and ingredients (or willingness to learn) is a huge plus and makes the job more fun.
More About the Position
- Warehouse hours are 9am – 5pm
- Scheduling is flexible. We will gladly work with your availability, and we understand if it changes week-to-week.
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please include a personalized cover letter with application.