Sales | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Are you an energetic, out-going, goal-driven sales person with a start-up mentality and a passion for sharing your love for artisanal food, craft beer and DIY-kitchen projects with the world?
Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady are looking for a driven, resourceful and experienced Sales Assistant to join our multi-brand and globally-focused startup to help drive growth among our extensive network of retail partners.
Brooklyn Brew Shop's mission is to get the world making beer one gallon at a time. We sell our line of compact, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits online and to retailers across the United States and Europe. In 2016, we launched a new brand called FarmSteady focused on less boozy food fermentation like kits to make your own cheese, sauerkraut, and pickles as well as products related to urban gardening, foraging and other new and exciting kitchen projects.
As part of a small team, you will work directly with the co-founders, creative director, sales, marketing, production and customer service staff, retailers, and marketing partners to devise and execute new sales initiatives to promote our mission and our products.
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our Brooklyn-based offices are closed, and most of our team (including this role) is working remotely. And while we all hope to be back in an office together sometime in 2021, we will consider remote candidates from outside the NYC region for this position.
The Sales Assistant role's primary focus is working with the many amazing, independent shops that carry our kits. We work with retailers big and small across the United States and Europe--from major accounts like Macy's and Urban Outfitters to the cutest little shops you've ever seen. The Sales Assistant works closely and collaboratively with the rest of our scrappy, New York-based team to support these shops through email and telephone.
- Are a sales natural
- Are a great team player
- Can manage your tasks and responsibilities with the guidance of your team as well as independently
- Love craft beer, small food producers and makers of all kinds
- Are super organized and love clearing out an inbox
- Have a proven track record of working remotely
- Are a solid writer, have a discerning eye for branding and keep on top of new products, retailers and trends
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: If you don't know something, you make it your mission to figure it out
- Have a lot of energy, work quickly and are excited to support and create new accounts
- Love setting goals and crushing them
- Work super well in small teams and know that your role doesn't stop with a sale, but ownership follows the full order lifecycle
- Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady align with your passions and you're genuinely excited to bring our products to more people
- Process orders from new and existing accounts
- Own and deepen relationships with accounts (both domestic and international)
- Grow increased annual usage of Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady products among key accounts
- Provide amazing service while bringing joy to the customers (who sometimes require a lot of “hand-holding” and attention)
- Identify, surface, and mitigate risks to a customer’s success plan
- Efficiently manage current retail relationships, including soliciting and processing new sales orders and answering order and product inquiries
- Make frequent phone calls to new and existing customers
- Research and build proficient leads lists of new markets and potential retail partners
- Integrate smoothly with the current sales team and have the ability to manage tasks and accounts independently while seeking guidance from team members
- Proactively coordinate with marketing team for assets and social support
- Keep up to date, accurate and organized Quickbooks, CRM and Excel files
- Bachelors degree
- You have 1-2 years of relevant work or internship experience; preferably with sales background--ideally in specialty food or consumer packaged goods (CPG)
- You have excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workloads
- You are comfortable using (or learning) CRM software (such as Pipedrive or Salesforce)
- You have impeccable written and communication skills
- You communicate easily with executives, are a terrific team player, and are comfortable mediating conflict
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects + tasks efficiently
- Organization--It’s your middle name
- You often go the extra mile to make people smile
What your typical day might look like:
- Answer incoming inquiries via phone and email
- Place outgoing calls and follow-up on prospective customer questions
- Manage and check in on current accounts
- Following up with new accounts on their experience with Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady
- Basic data entry & order processing
- Updating the internal CRM system frequently
- Research solid account leads in underserved regions
- Assist sales assistants to organize their daily task list and sales outreach efforts
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstrom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please include a personalized cover letter with your application. We'd love to hear why you're drawn to this position.