Production & Merchandising Coordinator (Brooklyn/Remote)
Operations | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Brooklyn Brew Shop and its companion brand FarmSteady, makers of Beer Making Kits and DIY food kits, are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Production & Merchandising Coordinator to play a key role in the the planning, purchasing and execution of our production runs.
Our production facility (based in Kingston, NY) is responsible for an array of jobs that include building our products, receiving, inventory sorting, pick and pack, kitting, special projects and shipping everything from small parcel to freight to international shipping containers. As the Production & Merchandising Coordinator you will work in tandem with our small operations and production team on coordinating production runs including sourcing and ordering raw components, creating spec sheets, scheduling builds with our Kingston warehouse and coordinating shipment of finished goods.
A love (or curiosity) for brewing, cooking, and fermentation projects is a huge plus.
This position is open to anyone in the United States to work remotely. During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our Brooklyn-based offices are closed, and most of our team is working remotely. Special consideration will be made to candidates in New York, who can work periodically from our Kingston, NY production facility.
The Production & Merchandising Coordinator will work closely with our small production and operations team across the following areas:
- Order short-lead and long-lead components for upcoming production builds and ecommerce sites
- Maintain purchasing calendars, review inventory levels, report and plan replenishments
- Project inventory needs based on past sales and upcoming orders
- Negotiate pricing with vendors
- Research new and alternate suppliers
- Source items both domestically and internationally as required
- Production Planning
- Schedule production runs and maintain calendar of what is being produced when
- Work with sales team to process wholesale orders and see them through from fulfillment to delivery in compliance with retailer guidelines
- Create SOPs for product or customer specific labeling or packing requirements
- Work with Warehouse Lead to make sure production runs are being completed on schedule and to spec
- Communicate any production changes or delays to all departments
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing LTL, full truckload, and container distribution of finished goods to retailers or warehouses (both domestic and international)
- Solicit freight quotes
- Prepare custom docs for inbound and outbound international orders
- Prepare labels, BOLs and other shipping docs
- Coordinate with retailer shipping teams for bookings and shipping compliance
- Record Keeping
- Enter incoming components, BOMs, manufacturing orders and completed shipments in our internal MRP system
- Use QuickBooks to create POs, invoices, and inventory items and work with bookkeeper to maintain accurate files
What your typical day might look like:
- Follow-up with vendors and check tracking of incoming materials
- Coordinate with team on production schedule for the week and adjust production schedules as individual timelines shift, alert team of any finished product delays
- Book finished good shipments
- Plan upcoming production runs
- Order and track raw materials with timelines ranging from 2 days to 5 months
- Monitor inventory levels and order products as necessary
- Research new suppliers and products
- Bachelors degree
- You have at least 1-2 years of production, merchandising or supply chain work experience preferably at a specialty food, fashion, or other consumer goods company
- You have experience working and communicating with large brands with somewhat complex requirements
- You are comfortable analyzing data and projecting long-term material needs
- You must have solid Microsoft Excel skills and want to learn even more
- You have experience in coordinating shipping and/or working with products
- Paperwork is your middle name and you embrace it
- You work well under pressure and have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently and enjoy it!
- You are a team player and able to take direction, yet extremely self-motivated
- You are interested in product development especially in the specialty food, beer and DIY sectors
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstrom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.