Operations | Kingston, NY | Full Time
Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady, makers of Beer Making Kits and DIY food kits, is looking for an experienced, hard-working Production Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Kingston, NY facility.
Our Warehouse Team is responsible for an array of jobs that include building our products, receiving, inventory sorting, pick and pack, kitting, special projects and shipping everything from small parcel to freight to international shipping containers. As the Production Manager you will be responsible for scheduling and overseeing production runs, warehouse staffing, developing and managing efficient processes, and maintaining accurate production, staffing and inventory records.
The ideal candidates are dependable, have great attention to detail, proven success building teams and thrive in a project-driven warehouse environment. A love of craft beer, brewing and DIY kitchen projects and a working knowledge of beer styles and ingredients (or willingness to learn) is a huge plus.
- Oversee warehouse operations including: receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Work with our Brooklyn-based office on coordinating production runs including:
- Order and schedule incoming raw components
- Plan and schedule production lines and staffing needs for sub-assemblies and finished goods to meet delivery deadlines
- Create SOPs for product or customer specific labeling or packing requirements
- Coordinate LTL, full truckload, and container distribution of finished goods
- Manage e-commerce pick and pack fulfillment:
- Oversee that e-commerce orders are shipped out accurately and on schedule
- Review inventory levels, report and plan replenishments
- Keep shipping materials stocked
- Keep accurate records including:
- Manufacturing Orders
- Waste Reports
- Inventory (including conducting physical counts and reconciling with ERP system)
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient workplace.
- Bachelors degree
- You have at least 3 years of production, supply chain or logistics work experience preferably at a specialty food or consumer goods company
- You have managed the daily tasks of teams of at least 2 workers in a production setting
- You have solid Microsoft Excel skills
- You have experience in coordinating shipping and/or working with products
- Paperwork is your middle name and you embrace it
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently and enjoy it!
- You are a team player and able to take direction, yet extremely self-motivated
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Whole Foods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please include a personalized cover letter with application.