Marketing & Design Assistant
Marketing | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Are you a socially savvy maker (and marketer)? Do you have a passion for and all things #DIY—especially when it comes to food, beer, and fermentation? Can you inspire someone down the block or around the world to make their first batch of beer (or cheese, pickles, or even bagels) with a simple Instagram post or a thoughtfully crafted email? If so, this position might be for you.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, entry-level Marketing & Design Assistant to join our multi-brand and globally focused startup.
Brooklyn Brew Shop’s mission is to get the world making beer one gallon at a time. We sell our line of compact, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits online and to retailers around the world. In 2016, we launched a sister brand called FarmSteady, which focuses on less boozy food fermentation kits (think cheese, hot sauce, sauerkraut, etc…) as well as fun, innovative, and ever-expanding selection of products for urban gardening, foraging and more.
As part of a small team you will work directly with the co-founders, creative director, sales and customer service reps, and PR agency to devise and execute new marketing initiatives to promote our mission, products and partners.
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our Brooklyn-based offices are closed, and most of our team (including this role) is working remotely. This position is open to applicants across the US, but special consideration will be made to candidates in New York City who can meet for regular team meetups.
- Are a fountain of ideas
- Can quickly take and edit great, on-brand photos. You have a gorgeous personal Instagram full of food and fun.
- Love farmer's markets, breweries, restaurants, small food producers and makers of all kinds
- Are a great writer, have a discerning eye for design and keep on top of new products, brands, ecommerce tools and trends.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: If you don't know something, you make it your mission to figure it out.
- Are ambitious, hardworking self-starter: You have a lot of ideas, produce content quickly and are excited to devise and tackle a lot of different projects. Being excited to learn, work, pitch, and execute makes this role more exciting and fulfilling.
- Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady align with your passions (i.e. This isn't a marketing side gig). As a small team, we’re looking for someone who really loves food, fermentation, and wants to grow in a marketing role.
You'll work hand-in-hand and tag-team all things marketing with our co-founders including:
- Grow, support and engage a strong community of brewers and makers across our social media platforms
- Monitor and curate user-generated content for reposting across platforms
- Create and maintain platform-specific and cross-platform campaigns and content calendars
- Write copy and edit images for social media, email and websites
- Create dynamic, on-brand visual assets for website, blog, e-blasts and printed material using our style guidelines for quick turnaround
- Create dynamic weekly eblasts for consumer and retailer audiences
- Liaise with outside PR team on upcoming media and provide support with product samples, graphics, pitches, and further information
- Bachelors degree
- You have at least one year of relevant work or internship experience
- You can create great Instagram photos and video-filled stories (multiple times a day)
- You have impeccable writing skills
- You have strong Adobe skills (Photoshop, Spark, InDesign, Illustrator and Lightroom)
- You have excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workloads
- You have extensive knowledge and use of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently
- You're happy to jump in, learn new skills and lend a hand where needed
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstrom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please include a personalized cover letter and links to social media and writing samples with application.