Marketing | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Are you a scrappy marketing pro eager to share your passion for food, fermentation, and all things DIY with the world? Do you find inspiration in clever campaigns, innovative brands, and creative partnerships? Are you equally comfortable jumping into creating and editing content as you are managing freelancer timelines and deliverables? When you're not using funnels to fill fermenters and jam jars, are you using them to intelligently segment customers? Can you inspire someone down the block or around the world to make their first batch of beer (or cheese, pickles, or even rainbow bagels) with the perfect campaign? If so, this position might be for you.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to join our multi-brand and globally focused startup.
Brooklyn Brew Shop’s mission is to get the world making beer one gallon at a time. We sell our line of compact, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits online and to retailers around the world. In 2016, we launched a sister brand called FarmSteady, which focuses on less boozy food fermentation kits (think cheese, hot sauce, sauerkraut, etc…) as well as fun, innovative, and ever-expanding selection of products for urban gardening, foraging and more.
As part of a small team you will work directly with the co-founders, creative director, sales, marketing, customer support staff, PR agency, and outside freelancers to devise and execute new marketing initiatives to promote our mission, products and partners.
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our Brooklyn-based offices are closed, and most of our team (including this role) is working remotely. This position is open to applicants across the US, but special consideration will be made to candidates in New York City who can meet for regular team meetups.
- Are a fountain of ideas
- Love using data to make quick, informed decisions without getting stuck in the weeds
- Are a jack of all trades: You’re a solid writer and editor, tech and data savvy and have a discerning eye for photography and design, and what you can’t do yourself you can hire and oversee freelancers efficiently
- Keep on top of new products, brands, marketing strategies, and ecommerce tools and trends
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: If you don't know something, you make it your mission to figure it out.
- Are an ambitious, hardworking self-starter: You have clearly defined goals, develop campaigns quickly and are excited to devise and tackle a lot of different projects
- Love farmer's markets, breweries, restaurants, small food producers and makers of all kinds
- Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady align with your passions. As a small team, we’re looking for someone who really loves food, fermentation, and wants to grow in this role
You'll work hand-in-hand and tag-team all things marketing with our small team including:
- Grow, support and engage a strong community of brewers and makers across the Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady brands
- Create and execute go-to-market product launch strategies
- Plan and manage content calendars and asset timelines for multiple email audiences across 2 brands with multiple sales channels including ecommerce and wholesale
- Coordinate marketing campaigns across multiple platforms including web content, mass email campaigns, targeted email campaigns, social media, outside partnerships, and press
- Further develop email subscriber list segmentation and build rich email flows
- Analyze and optimize marketing funnel for maximum growth, from awareness through retention
- Create and coordinate platform-specific and cross-platform campaigns and content calendars, promotions, and partnerships
- Use data to establish benchmarks and best practices across marketing platforms
- Cross-channel strategy: work to create an overarching strategy across channels to drive quality traffic to websites, landing pages, and key pieces of content
- Bachelors degree
- You have 2-3 years of relevant work or internship experience, preferably with a CPG or food company with an ecommerce presence
- You have impeccable writing skills, you can write and edit smart, on-brand copy
- You have solid email marketing skills, including segmentation and flows, preferably with Klaviyo
- You have proven ability planning and executing e-commerce initiatives, preferably with Shopify
- You have solid data analysis skills from google analytics to pivot tables in excel
- You have excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workloads for yourself, team members, and outside hires
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently
- You're happy to jump in, learn new skills and lend a hand where needed
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstrom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please include a personalized cover letter.