Marketing | Brooklyn, NY | Full Time
Are you a socially savvy maker (and marketer)? Is great beer (brewing, not just drinking) and all things #DIY your passion? If you find an instagram caption more than enough space to inspire someone down the block or around the world to make their first batch of beer (or cheese, kraut or even bagels), this position is for you.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, entry-level Marketing Assistant to join our multi-brand and globally-focused startup.
Brooklyn Brew Shop’s mission is to get the world making beer one gallon at a time. We sell our line of compact, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits online and to retailers in 25 countries. In 2016, we launched a new brand called FarmSteady focused on less boozy food fermentation (cheese, kraut, etc…), urban gardening, foraging and other new and exciting kitchen projects.
As part of a small team based in DUMBO, you will work directly with the co-founders, creative director, sales and customer service reps, retail partners, off-site PR agency, media and event organizers to devise and execute new marketing initiatives to promote our mission, products and partners.
- Have a gorgeous personal Instagram, smattered with photos of food and fun
- Love farmer's markets, breweries, restaurants, small food producers and makers of all kinds
- Are a great writer, have a discerning eye for design and keep on top of new products, brands, ecommerce tools and trends
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: If you don't know something, you make it your mission to figure it out
- Are a workhorse: You have a lot of ideas, produce content quickly and are excited to devise and tackle a lot of different projects
- Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady align with your passions (i.e. This isn't a marketing side gig)
You'll work hand-in-hand and tag-team all things marketing with our co-founders including:
- Bring new products to market
- Aggressively grow, support and engage a strong community of brewers and makers across our social media platforms
- Create and maintain platform-specific and cross-platform campaigns and content calendars
- Write copy and edit images for social media, email and print marketing campaigns
- Analyze consumer behavior and social media metrics and create weekly and monthly reports
- Work with PR, design, marketing and sales teams to maximize new product launches, collaborations, events and cross-promotional campaigns
- Research new initiatives, platforms, events and partnerships
- Create dynamic weekly eblasts for consumer and retailer audiences
- Write copy and edit images for website, blog, eblasts and printed material
- Analyze consumer behavior by devising and analyzing A/B promotions to form best practices for website, eblasts and social media
- Work closely with creative director on new packaging, web content, proposals, signage, marketing collateral and POS materials
- Work closely with the sales team to develop, implement and track all retail sales campaigns including creating new sell sheets, eblasts, POS materials and social media alerts for demos, promotions, product arrivals and new product launches
- Liaise with outside PR team on upcoming media and provide support with product samples, graphics, pitches, and further information
A Typical Week:
- Conceive, write and revise 3-5 eblasts for retail/consumer audiences
- Write 30-40 tweets, 15 facebook posts, 15 instagram posts with a few live videos and instagram stories in the mix
- Write and/or edit 1-2 long form pieces for our blogs
- Coordinate upcoming event needs
- Collaborate with creative director and co-founders on new product launches
- Quickly edit and export a Photoshop or InDesign file
- Write copy for use on packaging, website, promotional materials, and retailer sell sheets
- Lend a hand with a test batch of beer or cheese and take photos for social
- Bachelors degree
- You have at least one year of relevant work or internship experience
- You can take a great instagram photo (multiple times a day)
- You have impeccable writing skills
- You have excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workloads
- You have extensive knowledge and use of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Untappd and more)
- You have experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Audiences, and other social media metrics
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently
- You're happy to jump in, learn new skills and lend other teams (in other departments) a hand when needed
- A chance to work in a fast-paced food brand
- Fun working environment with a team of bright and enthusiastic coworkers
- 50% Empoyer-paid health & dental insurance coverage
- Cool shared workspace with great ammenities like bottomless coffee, beer on tap and rotating free events and happy hours
- Offsite recipe testing and photo shoot days
Brooklyn Brew Shop started out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits made especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady: A new brand designed to bring the same straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food (including growing, foraging, making and fermenting).
Our products can be found at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstom, as well as at independently owned shops nation-wide and across the UK, Canada, Spain, South Africa, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands, and Singapore with retailers in new countries being brought on at an ever-increasing pace.
Please include a personalized cover letter and links to social media and writing samples with application.