Administration | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Please note that applications that do not include a cover letter and answers to the three questions required will not be considered.
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Receptionist is the first face a guest in our office sees – and it should be a positive one! We treat every visitor to our office with respect – we want each person to feel valued and seen. Our office is fun, friendly and fast-paced, where every day is different. Therefore, we need someone who is flexible and can adjust to changes quickly and calmly. We work with underserved populations such as the homeless and re-entry populations so we are looking for someone who is comfortable working with different groups of people whose backgrounds may differ from their own. There is a heavy call volume and a steady flow of visitors to our office.
- Provides a warm and professional welcome for a diverse set of clients, partners, and vendors.
- Ensures that the reception area and elevator lobby are always clean and uncluttered.
- Accepts in-person rent payments from clients, writes out receipts, and logs payments in database.
- Routes clients, partners, candidates, and vendors to the appropriate staff.
- Collects mail, distributes to appropriate program personnel. Logs rent payments in database.
- Answers the phone and routes calls to corresponding personnel. Problem solves to determine the best person to field the call. Also, answers general inquiries regarding our programs.
- Maintains employee contact list.
- Ensures that the kitchen and conference room areas are clean.
- Takes notes and coordinates meetings, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager or HR and Engagement Manager as needed.
- Maintains visitor log, call log, and incident report log.
You’re a people person. You invest in relationships and love to cultivate the talents of the people around you. You can talk to just about anybody. You enjoy providing great customer service.
You’re a good communicator. You pay attention to both the message and the method. You keep others in the loop and leave no one guessing about the status of various projects or daily tasks. You have good boundaries and can politely and appropriately tell someone, “no” when necessary. You exercise discretion and confidentiality.
Your middle name is problem-solver. You exhibit good judgment and demonstrate great problem-solving ability with a commitment to innovative solutions.
You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
You're a collaboration superstar. You thrive in a collaborative environment. You create and contribute to powerful, positive, fun, productive teams.
You are passionate about the work we do. For you, this is not just about the paycheck. Our mission is truly inspiring and energizing to you.
You bring your “A” game to work. You inspire a culture of excellence and take pride in doing “whatever it takes” for our clients and partners. You believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work, and the organization you represent.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with a diverse population.
- Ability to remain calm and retain a sense of humor under stress.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive outlook and initiative to help out where needed.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills and awareness of critical deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task projects under deadline pressure.
- Basic mathematical reasoning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other typical office software programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish
- Prior experience working with underserved populations
- Crisis management or conflict resolution training
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Start date: 03/01/2018
Compensation: $16.25-$17.00 /hour
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Office Manager
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.