Property Management | Sonoma County | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation, and the day-to-day implementation of property management polices and procedures to ensure well-managed and maintained homes of our Northern California portfolio of scattered-site properties owned and operated as licensed residential care facilties. This portfolio provides community-based supportive housing to Golden Gate Regional Center consumers. The Property Manager ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and federal, state, and local laws; maintains acceptable and supportive environment for all residents and service providers; manages maintenance staff and their duties, interacts with and supervises vendors.
Leadership and Personnel Management
- Oversees maintenance program, directly supervising maintenance employees and contractors, conducting property inspections and monitoring work orders.
- Represents the organization to public agencies and the community.
- Provides advisement/direction on all property and resident issues.
Physical Condition and Maintenance of Properties
- Ensures that emergencies are responded to promptly and assigns staff, including self, to be available in this event.
- Performs continual informal inspections of the properties.
- Ensures work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepares list of capital replacements required or anticipated.
- Bids out and selects contract services, negotiates vendor service agreements and monitors day-to-day vendor performance.
Service Provider (Tenant) Services
- Provide, and ensure that staff provide, excellent customer service to our community-based service provider partners.
- Represent Brilliant Corners in community meetings related to properties in the portfolio.
Financial Reporting and Control
- Ensures the successful day-to-day financial management of the portfolio and maintains all necessary financial records in good order.
- Supervises collection of rents and other monies.
- Reviews all delinquent accounts and receivables, and determines necessary course of action to collect outstanding balances.
- Reviews financial statements to maintain compliance within the budget and ensure fiscal integrity.
- Drafts annual operating budget for the Regional Property Manager’s review.
- Reviews and approves capital expenditures, service contracts, and contracted repairs.
- Collaborates with other departments to monitor compliance with regional centers, state licensing, and other funder rules and regulations.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, codes, rules, and regulations.
Good customer service matters to you. You take pride in your customer service and believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work and the organization you represent.
You sweat the small stuff. You’ve always been a “details” person. You live in the forest but focus on the trees. Having a consistent look and feel, and the finishing touches, matter. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
You’re a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and solving problems. You are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization. You enjoy working collaboratively, but are also able to get things done on our own.
- 1 to 2 years of successful property management, or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in non-profit property management related services. Experience with homeless, veteran and/or developmentally-disabled populations a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid, clean CA driver’s license and a personal, insured vehicle are required.
Location: Vallejo, with regular travel to San Francisco, Solano, Sonoma & Marin Counties and occasional travel to Southern California
Compensation: $2,115.38, bi-weekly
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Regional Property Manager
Travel required: This position requires frequent visits to properties and attendance at events in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Occasional attendance at events outside the San Francisco Bay Area area, including Brilliant Corners’ events in Southern California, may also be required.
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.