Housing Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
Provide critical support to a team of Development Project Managers assisting in keeping up-to-date records and assembling timely, accurate and complete compliance reports to funders and regulatory agencies. Use company-designed project management tools to ensure timely, cost-effective, planful, and well-organized project coordination. The purpose of this position is to perform administrative back-office functions of moderate complexity and difficulty in accordance with the office procedures of individual departments. May include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, and filing; attending development related events including team meetings, workshops and site meetings as required
- Create new files for all site acquisitions and related escrows, prepare, and process escrow phase earnest money deposit, down payment deposit(s), Line of Credit replenishment(s), and process invoicing for vendors through all phases of development (check requests);
- Assist in the submission of lender due diligence, underwriting, and loan closing packages;
- Verifies required documents per Brilliant Corners policies, housing guidelines, and acquisition file checklists;
- Assists in obtaining appropriate signatures, approvals, and transferring all financial information to appropriate departments for further processing;
- Provides administrative support to multiple project managers; communicate with vendors, community-based service provider partners, and funders to answer questions, disseminate or explain information;
- Perform technical duties such as working with multi-media software, setting up audio visual equipment, initiating video conferences, or operating phones or the internet, answering telephones, direct calls, take messages, manage work schedules and calendars, and arrange appointments;
- Effectively and accurately communicate project information to funders, project stakeholders, and team members; keep team informed of project status and issues that may impact completion of the project
- Host Development Team teleconference meeting quarterly; work closely with project managers to prepare bi-weekly group meeting agenda and weekly project progress report;
- Track, manage, file, and update databases (Project Matrix, Billing Tracker, Box.com, and all required regulatory documents for DDS);
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation that may include a wide variety of template, company-sanctioned marketing materials such as maps, reports, executive summary brochures for in-house, flyers, and client presentations;
- Prepare lease agreement; assists in obtaining appropriate signatures/approvals and transferring all information to appropriate departments for further processing;
- Coordinating Open House events with project managers, community-based service provider partners, and funders;
- Create and prepare Property Management transfer binders and related documents
- Work closely and collaboratively with other departments and agencies staff;
- Support agency funding requests and other government applications as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.
Good customer service matters to you. You take pride in your customer service and believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work and the organization you represent.
You sweat the small stuff. You’ve always been a “details” person. You live in the forest but focus on the trees. Having a consistent look and feel, and the finishing touches, matter. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
You’re a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and solving problems. You are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization. You enjoy working collaboratively, but are also able to get things done on our own.
- 1 to 2 years of successful administrative, project coordination or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in non-profit housing development related services. Experience with homeless, veteran and/or developmentally-disabled populations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Demonstrated writing and researching skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines efficiently and simultaneously.
- Solid team player who is able to work well collaboratively on projects and under pressure.
- Proficiency in common word processing, desktop publishing, and database software applications
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
Location: San Francisco
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $24 - $26 DOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Project Manager
Travel required: Possibly 1-2 days/quarter
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.