Program Supervisor - The Avenue
Developmental Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
This is an exciting opportunity to supervise and help shape the future of an incredibly mission-driven program at a great organization. The Program Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day operations of The Avenue program. The Program Supervisor will collaborate with Westside Regional Center (WRC) partners and Service Coordinators. This individual will supervise Housing Coordinator(s) and other direct reports, while also maintaining a limited caseload providing housing retention services to individuals who are referred for services. They will ensure tenant well-being and unit habitability and will work creatively to prevent eviction and other housing related issues. The Program Supervisor will work under the direction of the Program Manager.
You have experience in working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. You are a creative problem solver. You recognize the impact of stable community-based supportive housing to one’s health and well-being.
You bring your “A” game to work. You inspire a culture of excellence and take pride in doing “whatever it takes” for our clients and partners. You believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work, and the organization you represent.
You’re a people person. You invest in relationships and love to cultivate the talents of the people around you. You are the cheerleader for your team. You enjoy providing great customer service.
You’re an emerging leader. You act with confidence and integrity with an eye towards solutions. Your peers and team naturally look to you for guidance. Your supervisor knows that you can be counted on to be strategic and follow-through to get results. You are energized as much by the success of your team as your own personal success.
You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
You embody a collaborative spirit. You’re able to work collaboratively with Regional Center staff, supported living services providers, landlords, housing partners, and tenants to develop an appropriate resolution that maintains the spirit of The Avenue program. Partners know that you are empathetic and fair in your decisions.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Experience working with the Department of Developmental Services or an affiliated Regional Center.
- Experience in supportive housing or substantially similar field.
- Some management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to manage and build a team
- Ability to clearly articulate program goals and develop tools and metrics for staff to achieve those goals
- Excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills
- Can manage multiple deadlines efficiently and simultaneously
- Solid team leader who is able to work well collaboratively on projects and under pressure
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally responsive services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and reasonable accommodations
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required; some Salesforce knowledge a plus
- Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record-keeping skills, and good independent judgment
- Ability to work independently
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field a plus
Location: Culver City
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $50,000-$58,000, BOE
Status: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Travel required: Travel throughout the westside of Los Angeles and occasional travel to the downtown Los Angeles office
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.