Program Manager- Inland Empire Health Plan
Housing for Health | Ontario, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Inland Empire Community Living Solutions is a new program which is a collaborative effort with the Inland Empire Health Plan, the Institute on Aging, Brilliant Corners as other community based organizations. The goals of the program include identification of individuals in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties who need housing and support services. There will be two populations of clients who will be part of the program in this initial phase of the program of 2 years. The first group with an estimated number of 75 individuals will be transitioning from institutional settings or being diverted from going into this type of setting unnecessarily. The second group will be primarily homeless individuals and will likely be 150 individuals during the 2-year period. With both of these groups, Brilliant Corners will be responsible for assessing the individual housing needs, locating appropriate housing options, coordinating application process for clients and assistance with move in as well as ongoing “wellness” checks on individuals who are housed.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with a new, creative program from the beginning. With guidance and support from the Chief Program Officer, the Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day program implementation of the IEHP program. This includes providing program management for all activities of the program as well as supervisory responsibilities. The Program Manager will be responsible for monitoring and reporting of all program objectives. Given the tremendous opportunity for professional growth, this position is ideal for an emerging leader who is strategic, innovative, and committed to social justice.
- Since this is a new program, initial responsibilities will include all activities related to program start up (Office set up, recruiting and hiring all program staff in coordination with the CPO, community outreach)
- Day-to-day program management and oversight of the program.
- Primary liaison responsibilities with partnering agencies.
- Participate in program meetings with partnering agencies, Manager Meetings and staff meetings at Brilliant Corners.
- Provide individual and group program supervision to assigned staff.
- Ongoing review and quality control for program for overall service delivery as well as case notes.
- Responsible for the maintenance/submission of program reporting and monitoring documents.
- Completes monthly invoicing procedures to IEHP for ongoing funding
- Annual preparation of Brilliant Corners Program Budget and monthly review of financials.
Case Related Job Duties
- Provide caseload coverage and regular/emergency support for staff.
- Provide ongoing case consultation to any staff related to clinical or case management issues
- When needed, make home visits to assess clients’ housing stability, social connection and recovery, and acting as a liaison with other community resources and landlords to ensure the stability of the clients
- LCSW, MSW or Master’s Degree in related fields
- Experience at a management level in a service delivery environment
- Experience working with individuals with mental health, disabilities, and substance use
- Experience working in a crisis setting and ability to respond appropriately in an emergency.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Knowledge of affordable housing and Fair Housing Laws and reasonable accommodations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Access to reliable transportation and the possession of a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and automobile insurance.
- Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks and travel.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills
- Good organizational and record-keeping skills and good independent judgment.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and work independently.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience with program start up
- This position requires frequent travel and attendance at community meetings, workshops, and other events in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. Occasional attendance at events outside this area may also be required including possible meetings in downtown Los Angeles.
You’re an emerging leader. You act with confidence and integrity with an eye towards solutions. Your peers and team naturally look to you for guidance. Your supervisor knows that you can be counted on to be strategic and follow-through to get results. You are energized as much by the success of your team as your own personal success.
You bring your “A” game to work. You inspire a culture of excellence and take pride in doing “whatever it takes” for our clients and partners. You believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work, and the organization you represent.
You’re a system thinker who puts people at the center. You see opportunities for improvement wherever you look and know how to get buy-in from others to make it real. You know how to take things to scale without feeling bureaucratic. You’re all about the end-user experience being awesome.
You’re something of a learning specialist. You get that people have diverse learning styles—no “one size fits” all thinking. Instead, you are an expert at differentiating materials for optimal communication. You have an engaging, creative approach to sharing information.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once, and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
You embody a collaborative spirit. You’re able to work collaboratively with our partner case management agencies, funders, housing partners, and tenants to develop an appropriate resolution that maintains the spirit of the FHSP program. Partners know that you are empathetic and fair in your decisions.
Title: Program Manager
Program: Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) – Inland Empire Community Living Solutions
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Location: Ontario, CA. office with work in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week (Nights and weekends may apply)
Salary: $72,000 - $85,000 annual salary (depending on experience)
Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, Health, Dental, Vision and 403b
Start Date: Immediate
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.