Housing Specialist- IECLS
Housing for Health | Ontario, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 170 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new, exciting program to assist individuals living in long term care facilities and homeless individuals to move into a residence located by Brilliant Corners. These individuals will also receive retention services through Brilliant Corners once they find a home. This program named the Inland Empire Community Living Solutions is funded by the Inland Empire Health Plan. Brilliant Corners will partner with other agencies such as the Institute on Aging for comprehensive support services.
The Housing Specialist will collaborate with other Brilliant Corners staff working on this project along with partner agencies to build a portfolio of units that will meet the needs of the individuals who are referred. The Housing Specialist will provide and coordinate the housing search efforts to help meet the overall goals of the program. The Housing Specialist will work under the direction of the Program Manager. Responsibilities will include the development of relationships with landlords and property managers who will become partners with the project to secure ongoing resources for housing.
Identify and secure rental housing units that meet the specifications of the homeless and institutionalized populations being served
Utilize the array of leasing instruments, negotiating with landlords and property managers and working with program staff and legal counsel to ensure program and landlord-tenant law compliance.
Recommend solutions and provide hands-on support to help ensure that all program participants are successfully housed, that Housing Services programs meet funder-required housing retention goals, and to manage landlord / property manager relationship s and minimize unit turnover in a scattered-site portfolio.
Track lease-up progress and program-based housing requirements.
Recommend solutions and provide hands-on support to help ensure that all program participants are successfully housed, that Housing Services programs meet funder-required housing retention goals, and to manage landlord / property manager relationships and minimize unit turnover.
- You're a people person. You enjoy providing great person-centered customer service to a diverse population. You like people and they like you.
- You are a "details" person. You take pride in your work. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
- Your middle name is problem-solver. You exhibit good judgment and demonstrate great problem-solving ability with a commitment to innovative solutions.
- You're a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment. You're at ease with rapid change and are flexible to adjust to the changing needs of your clients. You enjoy working collaboratively but are also able to get things done on your own. You possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, business or another related field required
- Real Estate, Property Management, and/or commercial residential leasing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of supportive affordable housing in Riverside and San Bernardino counties
- Education and/or training in property management functions, and experience working with people with disabilities, institutionalized, and homeless individuals
- Experience working in a crisis setting and ability to respond appropriately in an emergency
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and reasonable accommodations
- Access to adequate transportation
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and Excel required
- Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently
Location: 300 Guasti Road, Suite 81, Ontario, CA 91761
Start date: Immediately
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Program Manager
Travel required: Frequent travel to properties throughout the Inland Empire will be required.
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.