Housing Occupancy Specialist San Francisco - FHSP
Housing for Health | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to those transitioning from or at risk of homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. Additionally, we implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veteran services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices statewide with a staff of passionate people. While we are growing rapidly, we are also selective: We’re seeking inspired, talented people who want to be effecting profound change and who have fun doing it.
Building on success in Los Angeles County as well as the Inland Empire, Brilliant Corners is collaborating with key government, philanthropic, and non-profit stakeholders to design and launch a San Francisco Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP) by October 2018. FHSP is a nationally-recognized model for rapidly scaling supportive housing interventions and, ultimately, ending the cycle of homelessness for thousands of households.
The Occupancy Specialist manages all housing assignments for the Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP). The Occupancy Specialist matches FHSP participants from the ONE System with the most appropriate housing option from within the FHSP housing portfolio, ensuring that FHSP participants are presented with housing options that meet their unique needs. The Occupancy Specialist manages a dynamic portfolio of housing units across the San Francisco Bay Area in accordance with specific program objectives. The Occupancy Specialist will work collaboratively with coordinated entry system partners and work to ensure that data is updated and shared appropriately. The Occupancy Specialist should be a strong communicator, a strategic thinker, a quick learner, and a systems-oriented team-player. The Occupancy Specialist works closely with the Housing Acquisition Supervisor, Housing Acquisition Specialists, Program Supervisor, and Housing Coordinators to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Match FHSP participants with the most appropriate housing options from within the FHSP housing portfolio.
- Produce regular reports about housing assignments and placement outcomes in order to inform housing acquisition strategies and program operations.
- Utilize various FHSP databases and trackers to match participants with appropriate units and manage the FHSP housing portfolio.
- Coordinate efforts to reduce the housing unit acquisition to lease-up timeline in order to house FHSP participants more quickly and reduce program costs.
- You are a "details" person. You take pride in your work. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
- You're a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment. You're at ease with rapid change and are flexible to adjust to the changing needs of your clients. You enjoy working collaboratively but are also able to get things done on your own. You possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Knowledge of supportive housing, housing markets, city planning and/or public policy, or related fields highly desired
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Brilliant Corners
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel moderate to strong required; PowerPoint preferred
- Database experience desired
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Superior organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-service approach when working with program staff and community partners
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word and Excel required)
- Ability to work independently and utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations
- Ability to build and manage a system with an eye towards continuous process improvement
- Capacity to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and complete tasks in a fast-paced setting
Location: San Francisco
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $40-45k, DOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Travel required: Approximately 30-40% out in the field visiting clients throughout San Francisco Bay Area
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Disclaimer: Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.