Housing Coordinator San Francisco - FHSP
Housing for Health | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to those transitioning from or at risk of homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. Additionally, we implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veteran services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices statewide with a staff of passionate people. While we are growing rapidly, we are also selective: We’re seeking inspired, talented people who want to be effecting profound change and who have fun doing it.
Building on success in Los Angeles County as well as the Inland Empire, Brilliant Corners is collaborating with key government, philanthropic, and non-profit stakeholders to design and launch a San Francisco Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP) by October 2018. FHSP is a nationally-recognized model for rapidly scaling supportive housing interventions and, ultimately, ending the cycle of homelessness for thousands of households.
With guidance from the Program Supervisor, Housing Coordinators will provide move-in assistance and housing retention services in scattered-site housing across the San Francisco Bay area. Housing Coordinators will work directly with tenants and case managers to ensure that tenants successfully retain their housing over time to permanently end the cycle of homelessness. With up to 50 tenants in each Housing Coordinator’s portfolio, Housing Coordinator ensure tenant well-being and unit habitability by conducting weekly, monthly, and quarterly home visits. This work includes collaborating with property providers and case managers to mitigate conflict. The Housing Coordinator will work creatively to prevent eviction and other housing related issues.
- Coordinate client move-ins into scattered-site, supportive housing units.
- Collaborate with FHSP Intensive Case Management Services providers, and property providers to quickly lease-up units and promote housing stability.
- Work with the Housing Acquisition Specialist team to assist with housing placements and assignments.
- Assist with maintaining FHSP Application reviews and trackers.
- Ensure tenant well-being and unit habitability through a regular schedule of unit inspections and wellness checks.
- Respond to housing and tenant-related emergencies during normal business and after hours.
- Master the housing rights of people with disabilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Fair Housing Act, As Amended in 1988.
- Assess need for reasonable accommodations/unit modifications and ADA compliance, and assist program participant through the process to obtaining the request.
- Submit and follow up on tenant maintenance requests.
- Maintain thorough and accurate progress notes, files, and correspondences while maintaining confidentiality of tenants, staff, and organizational information at all times and exercise appropriate boundaries with tenants.
- Routinely make home visits and phone calls to program participants.
- Attend all agency staff meetings and trainings, as well as department meetings and case conferences.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Supervisor or Program Director.
- You're a people person. You enjoy providing great person-centered customer service to a diverse population. You like people and they like you.
- You're a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment. You're at ease with rapid change and are flexible to adjust to the changing needs of your clients. You enjoy working collaboratively but are also able to get things done on your own. You possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field a plus
- Experience with homeless, developmentally-disabled, and/or other marginalized populations a plus
- Knowledge of different housing models, particularly rapid rehousing, a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel and make multiple visits in the field
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and automobile insurance
- Access to reliable transportation
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and Excel required; PowerPoint preferred
- Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record-keeping skills, and good independent judgment
- Fluency in Spanish a bonus
Location: San Francisco
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $42-$45k, DOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Travel required: Approximately 30-40% out in the field visiting clients throughout San Francisco Bay Area
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Disclaimer: Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.