Housing Coordinator (Inland Empire)
Housing for Health | Ontario, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to those transitioning from or at risk of homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. Additionally, we implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veteran services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices statewide with a staff of passionate people. While we are growing rapidly, we are also selective: We’re seeking inspired, talented people who want to be effecting profound change and who have fun doing it.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new, exciting program to assist individuals living in long term care facilities and homeless individuals to move into a residence located by Brilliant Corners. These individuals will also receive retention services through Brilliant Corners once they find a home. This program named the Inland Empire Community Living Solutions is funded by the Inland Empire Health Plan. Brilliant Corners will partner with other agencies such as the Institute on Aging for comprehensive support services.
The Program Coordinator will serve as the primary connection between clients, case management staff, service providers, and landlords/property managers. The Housing Coordinator will ensure client well-being and unit habitability by conducting weekly, monthly, and quarterly unit visits at the clients’ residence. This position is responsible for implementing a program that advocates for individuals to obtain community-based housing options with the appropriate service supports to succeed. The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for managing a caseload of individuals with frequent and regular travel to client residences, affiliate businesses, community meetings, training workshops, and other events in the Inland Empire.
- Conduct intakes and assessments with clients residing in various types of residency throughout Riverside and San Bernardino Counties;
- Work collaboratively with external multi-disciplinary teams of care coordinators, nursing facility staff, home modification vendors, fiscal agencies, and other organizations to arrange community transition activities;
- Assist clients with review and understanding of lease and program agreements;
- Act as single point of contact for property managers and landlords to resolve tenant issues, and maintain regular communication;
- Respond to housing and tenant related emergencies during normal business and after hours to include submitting and following-up on tenant maintenance requests;
- Assess need for reasonable accommodations/unit modifications and ADA compliance, and assist program participants through the process to obtaining the request
- Educate landlords, property managers, families, and community members about the housing needs of identified program participants, and provide appropriate advocacy on behalf of our clients;
- Research affordable housing options through public housing, nonprofit housing, and other community opportunities within Riverside and San Bernardino counties;
- Assist in mediation of tenant conflicts and/or other housing-related issues, and expected to handle irritated, belligerent, or upset tenants and/or landlords with calmness, diplomacy, and good social skills;
- Assist clients with affordable housing and low-income rental applications;
- Maintain Brilliant Corners housing registry database;
- Maintain thorough and accurate progress notes, files, and correspondences while maintaining confidentiality of program participants;
- Attend meetings as needed;
- Other duties related to the specifics of this program, as assigned
- You're a people person. You enjoy providing great person-centered customer service to a diverse population. You like people and they like you.
- You are a "details" person. You take pride in your work. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
- Your middle name is problem-solver. You exhibit good judgment and demonstrate great problem-solving ability with a commitment to innovative solutions.
- You're a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment. You're at ease with rapid change and are flexible to adjust to the changing needs of your clients. You enjoy working collaboratively but are also able to get things done on your own. You possess a positive, can-do attitude.
Professional Experience & Skills
- B.A. in related field (Social Services related field preferred)
- Knowledge of supportive affordable housing in Riverside and or San Bernardino Counties
- Education and/or training in property management functions, and experience working with people with disabilities, institutionalized, and homeless individuals
- Experience working in a crisis setting and ability to respond appropriately in an emergency
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and reasonable accommodations
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and automobile insurance
- Access to adequate transportation
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and Excel required; Salesforce preferred
- Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record-keeping skills, and good independent judgment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Location: Ontario, CA
Start date: July 1
Compensation: $19.23-$21.63/hour, DOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Travel required: Significant, must have valid CA driver's license, insurance, clean driving record, and access to reliable personal car transportation.
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Disclaimer: Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.