Housing Administrator - FHSP
Housing for Health | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Please make sure to include a cover letter telling us why you’re interested in Brilliant Corners and contributing to the work we do, and how your experience relates to this role.
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP) is a supportive housing rental subsidy program of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS), along with other governmental partners and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. The goal of the FHSP is to secure quality affordable housing for DHS patients who are homeless. Brilliant Corners, the central coordinating community-based partner for FHSP, works to secure a broad range of housing options, including single-family homes, individual apartments, blocks of units or entire buildings. Brilliant Corners identifies and secures units Countywide, provides move-in assistance and rental subsidy disbursements, coordinates with case managers, and assists with neighborhood relations.
The Housing Administrator provides critical administrative support for the Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP). The Housing Administrator supports our program’s ability to both run efficiently and maintain compliance with various funding regulations. The Housing Administrator supports the Housing Team by organizing essential program data, maintaining detailed records, and supporting with office management, as well as special projects. Specifically, the Housing Administrator will oversee the “unit close-out process,” which refers to a situation when a FHSP participant moves-out of a housing unit within the FHSP housing portfolio. The Housing Administrator will work closely with the Housing Supervisor, Housing Specialists, Payment Specialists, and Housing Coordinators to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Coordinate efforts to retain housing units within the FHSP housing portfolio.
- Contact property providers when a FHSP participant moves-out of a unit in order to ensure that all security deposit funds are returned to Brilliant Corners in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any unit damages are accurately recorded and that Brilliant Corners maintains detailed records for all housing units transitioning out of the FHSP housing portfolio.
- Maintain accurate notes and records of all communications with property providers.
- Utilize various FHSP databases and trackers.
- Liaise between the Housing Team and property providers, coordinating unit re-inspection appointments and ensuring that all invoices are received and processed by the Housing Team.
- Produce regular reports on the “unit close-out process,” in order to inform housing portfolio management strategies and program operations.
- You like people and they like you. You find great satisfaction in working with a diverse population of people needing special housing supports.
- Great customer service matters to you. You take pride in person-centered customer service and believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work and the organization you represent.
- You sweat the small stuff. You’ve always been a “details” person. You live in the forest but focus on the trees. Having a consistent look and feel, and the finishing touches, matter. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
- You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
- You’re a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and solving problems. You are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization. You enjoy working collaboratively, but are also able to get things done on our own.
- Knowledge of supportive housing, housing markets, city planning and/or public policy, or related fields highly desired
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Brilliant Corners
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel (moderate to strong) required; PowerPoint preferred)
- Database experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word and Excel required)
- Ability to work independently and utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations
- Capacity to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and complete tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Good organizational and record-keeping skills
Location: Los Angeles County
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $16.83-$17.78/hour, BOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Housing Supervisor
Travel required: Based out of our DTLA office with minimal travel required.
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.