Housing Acquisitions Specialist - Inland Empire
Housing for Health | Ontario, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to those transitioning from or at risk of homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. Additionally, we implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veteran services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices statewide with a staff of passionate people. While we are growing rapidly, we are also selective: We’re seeking inspired, talented people who want to be effecting profound change and who have fun doing it.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new, exciting program in the Inland Empire to assist individuals living in long term care facilities and to facilitate independent living for homeless individuals. The program is funded by the Inland Empire Health Plan. Brilliant Corners will be responsible for assessing the individual housing needs, locating appropriate housing options, coordinating application process for clients, and assisting with move-in as well as ongoing “wellness” checks. Brilliant Corners will partner with other Intensive Case Management agencies such as the Institute on Aging for comprehensive support services.
The Housing Acquisition Specialist will collaborate with other Brilliant Corners staff working on this project along with partner agencies to build a portfolio of units that will meet the needs of the individuals who are referred. The Housing Specialist will provide and coordinate the housing search efforts to help meet the overall goals of the program. The Housing Acquisition Specialist will work under the direction of the Program Manager. Responsibilities will include the development of relationships with landlords and property managers who will become partners with the project to secure ongoing resources for housing.
- Identify and secure rental housing units that meet the specifications of the homeless and institutionalized populations being served.
- Utilize the array of leasing instruments, negotiating with landlords and property managers and working with program staff and legal counsel to ensure program and landlord-tenant law compliance.
- Recommend solutions and provide hands-on support to help ensure that all program participants are successfully housed, that Housing Services programs meet funder-required housing retention goals, and to manage landlord / property manager relationships and minimize unit turnover in a scattered-site portfolio.
- Track lease-up progress and program-based housing requirements.
- Great customer service matters to you. You take pride in person-centered customer service and believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work and the organization you represent.
- You sweat the small stuff. You’ve always been a “details” person. You live in the forest but focus on the trees. Having a consistent look and feel, and the finishing touches, matter. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
- You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization. You enjoy working collaboratively but are also able to get things done on our own.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in leasing, real estate, property management, supportive housing Riverside and or San Bernardino County rental markets, city planning/public policy, or sales highly desired, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record-keeping skills, and good independent judgment
- Willingness to travel and make multiple visits in the field
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and automobile insurance
- Access to reliable transportation
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and Excel (moderate to strong) required; PowerPoint preferred
- Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
Location: Ontario, CA (travel through Riverside and San Bernardino County)
Start date: August 13, 2018
Compensation: $50-$60K, DOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Program Manager
Travel required: Approximately 50% Riverside-San Bernardino County field work
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Disclaimer: Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.