Contracts and Grants Manager
Administration | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Contracts and Grants Manager supports the cultivation of support from government, foundation and corporate sources primarily through the research, writing, and submission and organization of grant proposals and reports as assigned.
- Write accurate, comprehensive, and compelling grant or initiative proposals that conform to all requirements set forth by various funding guidelines, including narratives, forms, financial documents, program budgets, staff bios, etc. Funding sources include government, foundation and corporate entities. Manage an iterative writing process that refines language across multiple authors.
- Manage the preparation, submission, and tracking of assigned grant proposals, observing procedures for tracking grant research, solicitation, and progress. Work closely with Executive Director, COO and program staff.
- Develop and organize standardized materials for grant proposals
- Maintain digital records of all grants and reports submitted and received.
- Establish and maintain an internal tracking system and calendar with dates around grant applications, renewals, letters of inquiry and reports to ensure that all documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
- Support Executive Director and senior management in cultivating relationships with current and prospective supporters. Attend meetings with funders and partners as necessary.
Good writing matters to you. You take pride in your writing and believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work and the organization you represent.
You sweat the small stuff. You’ve always been a “details” person. You live in the forest but focus on the trees. Having a consistent look and feel, and the finishing touches, matter. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
You’re a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and solving problems. You are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization. You enjoy working collaboratively, but are also able to get things done on our own.
- 3 to 5 years of successful grant, contracts or comparable writing experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in non-profit human services. Experience with homeless, veteran and/or developmentally-disabled populations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Demonstrated writing and researching skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines efficiently and simultaneously.
- Solid team player who is able to work well collaboratively on projects and under pressure.
- Proficiency in common word processing, desktop publishing, and database software applications
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
Location: Los Angeles
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $75,000 - $90,000 DOE
Status: Exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Travel required: Possibly 2-3 days/month
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.