Housing for Health | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, currently have 130 staff and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP) is a supportive housing rental subsidy program of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS), along with other governmental partners and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. The goal of the FHSP is to secure quality affordable housing for DHS patients who are homeless. Brilliant Corners, the central coordinating community-based partner for FHSP, works to secure a broad range of housing options, including single-family homes, individual apartments, blocks of units or entire buildings. Brilliant Corners identifies and secures units Countywide, provides move-in assistance and rental subsidy disbursements, coordinates with case managers, and assists with neighborhood relations.
The Admin Support position plays a key role as a member of the FHSP Operations Team. The FHSP Operations Team provides critical administrative support to the FHSP; supporting the program’s ability to run efficiently and maintain compliance with various funding regulations.
Under the supervision of the FHSP Operations Supervisor and with added support and direction from the FHSP Operations Manager, the Admin Support position will support the FHSP Housing Services and Housing Acquisitions teams by organizing essential program files and data, maintaining detailed records, meeting project deadlines, supporting office management, and assisting with special projects.
The Admin Support may be involved in one or more of the following work areas:
The Operation Coordinator will work with internal and external partners to receive, review, and process payment requests. Requests include move-in/utility assistance, federal voucher incentives, contractor invoices, interim housing invoices, housing damage mitigation, individual “one-off” payments, and other various invoices. This position is responsible for tracking these payments using Excel and/or Intacct financial software and responding promptly to payment inquiries from vendors.
The Admin Support will work with Intensive Case Management Service Providers to receive, review, and process applications for clients to join the Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool program. This position must use a “customer service approach” to external stakeholders when requesting missing documentation and responding to inquiries. The Admin Support inputs all data into Salesforce.
The Admin Support is responsible for tracking rent checks left at the front desk each month and tracking the amounts received.
Unit Close-out Management
The Admin Support will receive, review, and process Unit Close-out Forms when a client vacates a unit. This requires maintaining accurate notes and records of all communications with property owners and accounting for security deposits and damages.
The Admin Support sends, tracks, and follows-up on contract signatures from internal and external stakeholders using DocuSign software. This position produces regular status reports on progress. The Admin Support must maintain positive interactions with all stakeholders.
You like people and they like you. You find great satisfaction in moving agreements forward and are not hesitant to reach out to property owners or internal staff when necessary.
Great customer service matters to you. You take pride in person-centered customer service and believe that it’s a reflection on you, your work and the organization you represent.
You sweat the small stuff. You’ve always been a “details” person. You live in the forest but focus on the trees. Having a consistent look and feel, and the finishing touches, matter. To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome.
You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
You’re a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and solving problems. You are committed to continuous learning about the world and the work around you.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization. You enjoy working collaboratively but are also able to get things done on your own.
You embody a collaborative spirit. You enjoy working cooperatively as part of a team. Your coworkers know that you are empathetic and fair in your decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in paid employment as an office manager/bookkeeper or in a directly related position
- Experience with office systems, including administration, human resources, finance and technology
- Fluency with standard office technology, including databases, and the capacity to quickly master new technology, as needed
- Effective communication with colleagues in a diverse, human-centered work environment
- Capacity to handle multiple projects, deadlines and complex tasks in a fast-paced setting along with attention to detail, persistence and follow through
- Knowledge of supportive housing, housing markets, city planning and/or public policy, or related fields highly desired
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Brilliant Corners.
- Intermediate-level computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- DocuSign experience desired
- Database/Salesforce experience desired
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills and awareness of critical deadlines
- Ability to manage multi-task projects under deadline pressure
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Basic mathematical reasoning skills
- Basic understanding of at least some aspects of housing development and/or construction project management
- Ability to work independently and as a member of project teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other typical office software programs
- Experience with supportive housing, special needs housing, or housing and services for persons with developmental disabilities strongly considered but not required.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $16.83- $17.79/hour, BOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel required: Based in our Downtown LA office with a possible few days a quarter for training or other sponsored event
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.