UX Content Writing
Design | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70-90 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Have had experience creating/ contributing to new design system from scratch
Design Systems UX Writer experience
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Content Writer, Design Systems for our client.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Content Writer, Design Systems to document design patterns and guidelines for common UI components for our Design System. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with design related topics. We're looking for a writer with a designer's eye, or a designer who is also an excellent wordsmith.
This is because many of our guidelines need to be written for components and patterns that are not yet complete. The writer will not only be recording prior design decisions, but will also be helping us make those decisions in the first place. Our component libraries and patterns have to support an array of needs around productivity, search, and communication. Our design systems play an essential role supporting the success of our development teams to think big, be solutions driven, and move fast to ensure our customers are alway prepared and productive.
The client seeks to solve highly complex problems through an end-to-end platform solution that measurably improves business outcomes for our agent customer. Because our model disrupts existing processes that are often disconnected and inefficient (and sometimes still being executed via analog solutions), our experiences need to clearly demonstrate value, lower the barrier to entry, and be dead simple to use..
What you'll do:
- Own the iterative documentation process from concept to final delivery
- Create guidelines and document design patterns, such as Button usage guidelines, Form usage guidelines, and Table usage guidelines, drafting approximately 30 guideline pages by end of April
- Create documentation and guidelines that drive usage of our design systems, and help designers make effective and cohesive design decisions
- Meaningfully collaborate with Design System team (composed of designers and front-end/mobile engineers)
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of technical writing experience, ideally with familiarity with design topics/design systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with other designers as well as cross-functional partners including engineers; and available for all key meetings throughout normal working hours
- Writer who is comfortable with a fast pace, familiarity with design topics, and capable of resolving ambiguity in order to identify guidelines.
- Experience working in an agile development environment and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Practiced at iterative ideation and deliverables, seeking and receiving feedback as a natural part of the product development process, and finding opportunities inside of requirements and constraints
- A strong online portfolio that showcases a variety of high quality writing work to prove it all
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.