UX Content Writer /Strategist - Medical Exp. (Freelance, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (long, on-going project) - not available for C2C (see notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (Americas based candidates preferred)
- Strong process/strategic approach to UX Content Writing
- Portfolio of examples for Content Strategy and UX Content Writing
- Experience writing to medical personas (doctors, hospital admins, etc)
Braintrust is a user-controlled talent freelancer marketplace, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We work with enterprise clients like Nestle, Nike, Porsche and NextDoor. We are looking for an experienced UX Content Writer for this client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client focuses on simplifying the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Their approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Our client is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About The Team:
The Experience Design (XD) group works closely with stakeholders across their organization to deliver user experience design (UX) to improve the cancer journey for those that are battling cancer as well as those who support them including oncologists, clinical care teams, researchers, and others in genomics and precision cancer treatment.
You’ll work closely with experts that are enabling physicians to translate complex genomic information into treatment options for patients. Your scope will run the gamut from smaller, iterative changes to user touchpoint language to rethinking how they communicate and strategize their approach for content in larger areas of FMI’s clinical reports and to increase clinical actionability. As you refine current content and develop new content, you will strive to understand critical scenarios that drive clinical decision making so that you can collaborate with colleagues to propose novel solutions.
You’ll tackle content design problems by bringing clarity to how they communicate patient and scientific information in an accessible, inclusive, user-centered design process. You will work closely alongside subject matter experts to ensure accurate and concise communication of complex scientific concepts while ensuring the company uses a shared language in communicating with clinicians and other customers.
You will work with design researchers to get feedback on potential solutions and work with product designers to understand how best to structure content to drive the decision-making process. This work will exist within larger, complex problems such as how we envision a future state for our reporting and results experience. Your day-to-day work will make a significant impact for patients by enabling oncologists to make the best individualized decisions for the patients in their care.
- Support XD's goal of advancing the value and utility of clinical report experience, a critical touchpoint in the journey of any person with cancer
- Own initiatives that will involve rethinking or fundamentally improving the clinical report as a holistic experience that considers a broad range of users, results, and use cases, from voice and tone guidelines to UI specific copy
- Gain and build an understanding of the clinical decision-making process to inform and drive design concepts through the lens of content and communication.
- Work with key stakeholders for the clinical report to understand their needs and all associated timelines and dependencies
- Ensure that groups across the company that need copy for the clinical report receive those in a timely fashion with a high attention to accuracy and detail
- Collaborate with design researchers to test language and content that evolve the design of the clinical report, garnering critical feedback, and presenting insights to stakeholders
- Help create and refine operational tools for the whole team and collaborate with the design research and strategy team to provide tools and frameworks that enable their work
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of professional experience as part of a design team
- Experience working in the healthcare industry, familiar with clinical practices around providing care and treatments for patients. An understanding of cancer care, treatment and genomics is a plus.
- Experience articulating content strategy, methodology, and process, and engaging with non-design stakeholders to advocate for the importance of a human-centric process
- Advocate for content design that improves the user experience and addresses overall business goals
- Comfortable working both independently and in a group setting, with experience designing content and language from conception to completion
- Excel at interpreting complex information and transforming it into successful content
- Comfortable iterating on content through testing and communicating results to a multitude of stakeholders
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well. You can build trust and communication with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional portfolio that speaks to your experience and capabilities
- Demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving while also operating within real-world constraints
- Experience with accessibility standards and accessibility auditing a plus
PAY RANGE: $100-150 USD/HR - 1099
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust's core team. We will answer your questions about the project and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to apply for additional projects that are a fit as well.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency, and kindly request you do not submit your resume for this position. If you are a professional contractor who has created a corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we invite your application.