Terraform Developer, GCP [Remote - NOT C2C]
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies / NOT C2C (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote - Open to US/CANADA Only
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: Full-time remote contractor position (40 hours/week) - Long Term, ongoing project
About the Role
Our client is looking for an experienced Terraform developer with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience.
This position focuses on automating the creation of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) infrastructure using Terraform Enterprise, which is a self-hosted distribution of Terraform Cloud.
You will have a solid track record of completing assignments in a high volume, dynamic environment that involves automation, configuration, CI/CD pipelines, and monitoring.
Troubleshooting and supporting products and tools is a strong aspect of this role, and will allow for innovative ideas to improve performance, issue mitigation, and workflow.
This role requires the ability to adapt to change and continuously improve services.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain Terraform scripts and workflows in a Google Cloud Platform environment.
- Develop new features for cloud deployment pipelines and break/fix activity.
- Work closely with architects and product owners to ensure that new features are delivered on schedule with acceptable performance.
- Enhance internal software tooling used to automate cloud resources.
- Work on a small team, in an agile development environment, keeping the team up to date on progress, workflow, and blockers.
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Participate in code reviews.
Required skills and experience
- At least two full years of Terraform scripting experience.
- At least two full years of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience.
- Bash or similar scripting experience
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum based environment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
Good to have skills
- Terraform Enterprise.
- Go, Python, Ruby, etc. development experience.
- Experience with other cloud computing technologies such as AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, SoftLayer, or VMware.